“The best!”

Buxton Munch Company
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Buxton
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving Locals & Visitors since 1999. We specialize in over 30 Gourmet Wraps & Quesadillas. Oven-Toasted Subs & Sammies. Big Salads in Edible Tortilla Bowls. Fresh-daily-hand-pressed Angus Burgers & Freakingood Fries! They say we have the Best Fish Tacos and Shrimp Tacos on the Beach! And our Crabby Pattie Crabcake has been a best-seller for over 18 years! And the Blackened Fish Wrap or Sub/Sandwich is killer-good! Lots of Apps & Sides. Fresh French Roast Coffee. Nice selection of Hot Teas. Daily-brewed Sweet Tea and Unsweet Tea. Bottled beverages & Sodas. Beer & Wine. But please realize one thing - We are NOT a fast food joint. And if we are busy, then of course there will be a wait, as in any restaurant. We make it Real. We make it Fresh. Feed your body real stuff. "A Groovy Little Place With A Whole Lotta Taste!" PEACE.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“The best!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

There is nothing that I dislike about Buxton Munch. Their wraps are truly the best -- and the way that they make their chips! I don't know how they do it but they are addicting! LOVE!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Liz C

“THEY DESPISE CHILDREN!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have traveled extensively with my kiddos in tow, and I have never been treated so disrespectfully in all my life. Please keep your children away from this toxic environment. We walked in and right away we received death glares from the entire staff. My kids were even using their "indoor" voices. AFTER I paid for our order, the owner came out and basically told us we were not welcome in her "fine" establishment, and that we should make our way outside. She told me she posted it all over her restaurant that people were expected to be quiet. What?! I just stared at her, not knowing what to say. This place is the size of my closet, so I suppose she likes it to remain silent while people eat their sub-par food. I told her I wanted my money back and she started to backpedal. I asked her to please stop talking to me and that I just wanted to leave. She said, "I WILL TALK TO YOU ANY WAY I WANT, I AM THE OWNER!" Yikes. What a freak. I wouldn't eat here if Anthony Bourdain himself invited me to do so. Please keep your kids away from these people, and if you don't have kids, don't chew too loudly!

• Visited September 2012
8 Thank MollyAMS
M and M M, Owner at Buxton Munch Company, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Our response to Molly regarding "They Despise Children" is ridiculous. We have been here for 14 YEARS serving TONS of families here at the beach with tiny kids on vacation, but none quite as badly-behaved as Molly and her offspring. We don't despise ANY children....but we do hate bad parenting....just sayin' :)
Elyria, Ohio
“Great tasting food, served with care.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Ate at the Munch one day and liked it so much we returned the next day, pretty rare while traveling. Had the fish tacos both times and they were the best I've had. The owners gave us personal care and the place was spotless. Not the place for a romantic dinner but it's a lunch place anyways. I recommend it.

1 Thank DB105
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Rude!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Let me start with the good. The food was good, even if it was incorrect. We ordered a spicy chicken wrap (received a BBQ chicken wrap), a ham and cheese sandwich, chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce (received ranch sauce), a bacon cheeseburger and a avocado quesadilla. The quesadilla was the best meal.

Now to the bad. There are 4 tables in the place so max capacity is honestly 8-10 people comfortably. When you walk in there is a guy sitting behind a counter who is NOT friendly. He told us 4-5 times to order with him when we decided. I'm pretty sure we understood the first time, thanks! We placed our order and sat down at the picnic table. Our almost 2 year old started to get antsy and we received death looks from the order taker and the cook! I mean nasty, "control your child" dirty looks. My husband took him outside for a walk and we STILL got looks. We decided to take our food to go so we could easily get away from the negative atmosphere. On our way out, the pleasant order taker said "have a nice day" in an arrogant, sarcastic tone. Had we not been in town with my in-laws, I'm pretty sure my husband would have said a few choice words to him. :)

So, overall, there is not a chance in hell that we will ever visit this establishment again...and i definitely would not recommend this place to a family. There is no reason to treat people the way we were treated!

• Visited September 2012
8 Thank M T
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The best food we ate on the Outer Banks.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A friend said I HAD to try this place next time I was on Hatteras Island. So I tried, three times - I missed on the first two but the third was the charm. The Munch is open Mon-Sat, 11:30AM-4PM. Based upon my experience, arrive at 11:30AM and beat the crowd. It is a very small place...cramped when at capacity. It is not fancy but they do provide silverware that is not plastic, so I give them pouts for that. It is clean and fits in nicely on the Outer Banks. You walk in the door, place your order, pay for your food, and find your seat. They bring your food to you and are prompt with drink refills and anything else you need. The service really was very good. Now to the impressive part. The food was so good! It honestly was the best food we had during the entire 4 day weekend of dining out: breakfast, lunch and dinner. It wasn't nearly the most expensive, very much in the median of pricing, but it was by far the best. We had the fish tacos (blackened mahi) and the crab cake sandwich. The latter is seasonally available. No doubt everything is delicious but just order what we did and I know you will walk away happy. I repeat what my friend said: If you are on Hatteras Island - or anywhere nearby - you HAVE to try the Buxton Munch!

4 Thank BeachcombersNC