“Nice Atmosphere”

Rusty's Surf & Turf
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Buxton
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rusty's Surf and Turf is an eclectic beach restaurant focusing on local sourced fish, seafood, pasta, vegetarian and steaks using styles ranging form local to global. If you are looking for fun, interesting and delicious or simple and strait forward, we have something for everyone! Now serving lunch and dinner
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to eat at Rusty's based on the reviews and also local word-of-mouth. We usually will pick one or two "nice" dinners out during vacation so we were excited to try Rusty's. We really should have taken advantage of the call-ahead seating/reservations, because we had to wait about 20 minutes before getting seated. The atmosphere was very inviting, and I loved the bright color scheme. Our waitress was very friendly and polite. The menu is very extensive and there were some very interesting dishes on the menu, but since I wanted a sampler of the best seafood you can find (Hatteras Island seafood, of course) I went for the Pamlico Platter and my boyfriend did the same. It included fresh catch of the day (flounder), crab cake, shrimp, and scallops. We chose broiled over fried and we were both happy with our selections. My only complaint was that my broiled seafood was maybe a bit TOO broiled...it was a little soggy, mushy, and watery. My boyfriend enjoyed his though, so maybe it was just my fish/crab cake that were a little mushy. I am wishing I would have gone for the fried platter, but I usually go for broiled so I figured it was a no fail choice! I did love that our meals came with hushpuppies...but we were only given 4 teeny tiny ones. We did not have enough room for dessert, but the selections sounded fabulous. We enjoyed the cocktails as well. We would eat here again in the future, but I would try one of the chef's specialties rather than the broiled seafood platter.

• Visited June 2013

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Top of the list”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

On this trip to Hatteras did a trip advisor restaurant review and made a list. Rusty's proved to be a real winner. Greeted & seated by a cordial hostess. Casual atmosphere with good service. Now
the good part - the meals were superb. Shrimp & grits - outstanding & NY strip - great. Plenty to eat at a reasonable price. Definitely will return on next trip.

• Visited June 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Calamarie was great,,a bit of a different spin. Broiled mix seafood plate was very good as well as the tuna.

Visited July 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Beach Week”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

WOW! This restaurant was awesome. The food was the best ever.. E live in a restaurant town (Charleston), and Rusty's would be a wonderful addition there. Hats off to the Chef!!!!!

Visited July 2013
Los cabobs
“Too pretty to eat!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Although the atmosphere was not what I expected for formal dinning even at the beach (Walmart tablecloths yuk) however the presentation and taste of the food was amazing and kept my attention from the decor.

Visited June 2013