“A nice surprise”

Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Buxton
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Excellent, friendly, attentive wait staff. A bit dated decor, but it is kind of nostalgic and clean....great air conditioning on a hot humid evening....good variety on the menu and the prices are quite reasonable...quick, free refills on the iced tea...a good value for your money, and the food is quite good...I had broiled flounder ( be specific that you want the skin removed, otherwise it is served with the skin)...plenty of on site parking...we had no room for desert, but they looked good

1  Thank MARKLI

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

It takes a lot for me to send something back, but I didn't even hesitate on the plate I received. The broiled crab cake tasted like Old Bay overload. The scallops were overcooked, and the clams were not washed well - I went through a whole glass of tea to wash the sand out of my mouth.

The service was OK. Our server was spread a little thin.

Would not recommend.

1  Thank Joshua T
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We really enjoyed The Captain's Table while visiting North Carolina's Outer Banks. In fact, we enjoyed it so much we dined there on 2 occasions... First for lunch & then again for dinner, a few nights later!! As our review title indicates, we found the lunch experience to be superior in every respect... less busy, better & more friendly service, and just what seems like a greater value overall. The seafood offerings are fresh. The NC Shrimp were just delicious, as were the Bay Scollops, and their "cousins", the Sea Scollops. Especially tasty were their homemade coleslaw & dill tartar sauce, and their hush puppies ranked very high, as well. The servers were friendly, engaging, and helpful (but the lunch server took the prize, mostly because dinner is just so "slammed"). If you quality, the Senior Platter is really your best bet, both in terms of quality & (surprisingly) quantity... clearly a "best value" rating here! We'll certainly return again.

1  Thank BuddDr
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Not much of a seafood lover except lobster
Since we are on an island, why not try a local fresh fish...catch of the day
Spanish mackerel cooked with Cajun spices.
Still tastes like fish. Did I mention I'm not big on fish.
They didn't have lobster and you cannot eat steak at a fish house.
If you like fish, you will like this place. A little pricey.
Oh, the hush puppies are the best I've had...ever.
Since I don't like fish, why would I go here you ask.
We came here on a recommendation for the home made nanner pudding.
Meh...

1  Thank CHRISTIAAN T
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Was recommended to visit by owner of Cape Hatteras Motel-excellent advice.
Arrived around 7pm-had a short wait.
Food superb-I had the crab and shrimp salad and my husband had the half rack of ribs.
Fresh hush puppies waiting on the table.
Excellent friendly service and reasonably priced.
Will be back before the end of our holidays

1  Thank jacquelinecole123