“Great Fresh Flounder; Great Price on Senior Dinners”
Review of The Captains Table

The Captains Table
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Buxton
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Bloomington, IN
“Great Fresh Flounder; Great Price on Senior Dinners”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Comfortable family restaurant with fresh-caught fish every day. Senior dinner prices from $8.00 to $9.00 for a big chunk of fish, two sides and hush puppies. Very satisfying.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank DuendeTR

NJ
“Good food”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We visited in June 2011 with three kids. The hushpuppies were AWESOME!! So good! Atmosphere was definately "southern." meaning it was sweet and nice! We liked Captains table and would go back. :)

Visited November 2011
Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
“well....not too impressed.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I'm on the beach. I expect better seafood than we had. It all kind of tasted the same, and our server seemed disinterested all night. Judging by the crowd, plenty of people like this place.
I expected more on the Outer Banks.

Visited October 2012
Belleville, Canada
“Busy place”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Place looked promising from outside so we thought we would give it a chance. Pretty casual place. Waiter set up was weird as each waiter could have table in 4 different sides of room. They were certainly running. Our waiter didn't charge for clam chowder which he said was the bottom of the bowl. Price was about right. I made mistake ordering fried scallops. Very small and deep fried. Not what I was expecting. Salad was average and I should have had many beers to make the pain of this place go away. Reasonable price and not a lot of choices for us without driving 30 minutes from rented beach house. Group in my party rates it 4 of the 5 places we went while I have it in 5th place. Have had worse but just looking for better experience on OBX.

“Big disappointment, worst steamer clams I have ever had!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at the Captain's table this evening at the recommendation of our hotel. I ordered the little neck steamer clams because several other menu items that I wanted were not available. I have enjoyed clams all over the world, and can honestly state these were the worst I have ever sampled. One dozen clams were served dry on a plate of salad greens with a couple of wedges of lemon. The waitress stated that they forgot the drawn butter so she returned with a plastic cup of butter. In short, the clams were so over cooked it was like chewing rubber bands! Surely there are better places to dine in Buxton. Management was unconcerned since I am sure they realized that we are just passing through the area. We have been driving in the OBX for the past week and this was by far my worst meal.