“Once again, excellant!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Captains Table

The Captains Table
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Buxton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Longs, South Carolina
“Once again, excellant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is our favorite restaurant on Hatteras Island. We come here at least twice during the week. They have the most extensive lunch menu of any restaurant. For $8.50, you choose a seafood entree. It comes with cole slaw & fries. Also, you get a drink included. Can't be beat. Should be ranked higher than it is .

• Visited June 2012

Travelers Rest, South Carolina
“Fantastic, this place should rate far higher than 10 of 14”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Our dinner here was by far the BEST meal we ate out during our honeymoon. Our waitress was absolutley wonderful. Not only was she friendly, she was knowledgeable about the menu, the fish, the area EVERYTHING. Their food is prepared right there in the kitchen. Freshly made (and amazingly delicious) tartar sauce, salad dressings, and the cole slaw. The cole slaw was the best I have ever had. Seriously, I asked for the recipe. I had beautifully fried fresh caught Flounder and the hubby had a sampler plate. Everything was impeccably fresh and delicious. If we ever go back to OBX, we will be eating here again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Nags Head, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outer Banks Cookin'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

I always enjoy dining at Captains Table. The food is simple, fresh, home-style seafood always served piping hot. I dined here last Monday evening and although the restaurant was full of guests, I was seated quickly and my waitress assisted me promptly. The flounder was fresh and fried to perfection, a light crust yet tender and flaky inside. The hush puppies are always a treat...I have to limit myself to one or I wouldn't have room for the rest of my meal! I believe the prices are reasonable compared to other seafood establishments in the area.

Smithfield, North Carolina
“Good Island Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is not meant to be fancy, as others have said...but rather just good fried "fresh" seafood.
usually from out of the nearby waters. A place owned by local, good people.
The comment by David L, below is just his take on it...
I suspect he would be much happier with a ' happy meal '
To each, his own.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SilasBSauls
Lewes, DE
“an OBX landmark--worth a trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

This is a must stop each year on the island. It is not fancy (although where on the OBX is?? :) but food is consistently good and fairly priced. Service is friendly. Fish dishes are not gourmet--either fried or broiled--but fresh and served piping hot. True southern style home-made sides complete the meal. This is a family friendly place so it can get crowded and loud in the heart of the summer season.

• Visited September 2011