“just in time”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Buxton
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had heard through the grapevine that this was THE place for donuts but we were pleasantly surprised as they have breakfast sandwiches as well. I opted for the breakfast burrito and my wife settled on the BLT. Both were made to order with fresh ingredients and hand assembled in the kitchen. We were also lucky enough to be there before 11:00 A.M. which is a pretty strictly enforced closing time for the kitchen. Also lucky enough to have a 'nasty' which is a humongous doughnut/fritter which easily feeds 2-3 people. Good selection of coffee. Seating is available inside or out. Definitely worth the stop!

1  Thank novabrew

Reviewed April 24, 2014

This bakery is "famous" for the apple uglies, which is fried doe with apples, cinnamon, pecans and frosting. The "ugliies" were very good...it is a meal in and of itself and tasty. Not sure that I would go out of my way for one, but it was very good. I was told that people build their vacations around visiting this location for the uglies...not sure I would go that far (lol), but it was very good. Looked like they had other baked goods, which I did not try. I did have the breakfast sandwich (bagel with egg, cheese and sausage), which was just average. Service was pleasant and fast. If you happen to be in the area, try an ugly. I wouldn't go out of my way for it though.

1  Thank NCHS80
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Worth the stop! This great little bakery has fantastic donuts, and you have to try the apple uglies! My son described them as apple cobbler wrapped in cinnamon bun--yum!

1  Thank amarielle
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Wow. Wow. Wow. Best bakery item hands down. Also had the cinnamon roll which was good as well. Tried bagel sandwiches and they were well portioned for the price and fresh. Get there early as there's always a line. Worth it

Reviewed April 17, 2014

So far we have visited 3x in the past week.
The Apple uglies are big, gooey, and delicious. $3.25 a piece is a bargain. They are huge. Take some home since they are just a fresh with just a pop in the microwave.
The breakfast burrito with bacon was $5.70 and was worth it. The tomatoes they used were amazing.
Overall this is a solid place that gets busy. They run out of stuff by early afternoon, so go early.
Definitely stop in and try, especially if you are by Hatteras Lighthouse. It is right around the bend.

1  Thank jkuna