“Good visit; we call them apple fritters where we come from;-)”

Orange Blossom Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Buxton
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Glenn Dale, MD
“Good visit; we call them apple fritters where we come from;-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

My son and I had breakfast at the Orange Blossom Makery. Having read the great reviews, I was surprised to learn that an Apple Uglky is an apple fritter on steriods. I made the mistake of buying one with a sausage and egg biscuit. A big mistake if you don't have help as the breakfast sandwhich is equally as large.

Overal a positive experience.

• Visited August 2011

New Jersey
“What's not to love?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

We went early one morning to get our yearly Apple Uglies fix. We weren't disappointed! We got there at 7 am and there was nobody waiting, which was a pleasant surprise. We ordered apple uglies, 2 donuts and a muffin. Everything was delicious. Then again, what's not to love about a huge, fried, sweet treat?!? Their breakfast sandwiches looked great too. My daughter and I ate our uglies on the beach watching the sunrise and then took the rest home to the house for the others to enjoy. Great memory!

• Visited July 2011
Southside, VA.
“Worth the wait in line, Apple Uglies are a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

If you don't know what an Apple Ugly is, well they are the best treat you willl ever eat and well worth the wait in line if you haven't called in you order ahead of time, so be prepared to stand in line. They run out quickly but will ask if you are willing to wait till the next batch is ready. They are worth the wait. My coffee was delicious, don't know what flavor the reviewer below had but mine was really good. Hint if you don't want to stand in line? Call ahead, they will have it sitting all bagged up and all you have to do is pay for it when you arrive. My daughter in law purchased one of their breakfast wraps and it was enough to feed two people. Orange Blossom Bakery is a must go to if in Buxton or traveling through OBX.

• Visited June 2011
Social Hill, AR
“the only good reason to set your alarm on vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

After frequenting the Blossom (every morning) on my annual month long east coast excursion and witnessing some really rude behavior displayed by some really uptight customers, I decided to write the following review to assist potential customers in being real about what they are getting into, and hopefully, prevent the staff at the Blossom from being treated poorly by people who should probably stick to corporate food:
Honestly, it's not even about the apple uglies for me... it's about the 'double dips' aka 'the best dang doughnuts I have ever (EVER) had in my entire life'! I grew up on the Outer Banks and have been going to the Orange Blossom since I was a kid. I even had the privilege of living within just a few steps of it (the house they leveled to build the new car wash) for a few years... and can I just say~ I'm glad some things DON'T change :) Yes, it's crowded and hectic. Yes, they only take cash. Yes, they run out (due to potential output of a kitchen of that size). Yes, you have to stand in line. Yes, you have to get there early. And yes, it is totally worth it! The double dips, the breakfast burritos, the coffee, the uglies... they're all worth it. So, if you can chill out and hang out and let it play out, you will be rewarded. I mean you ARE on vacation, right? If you NEED order, consistency, immediate gratification and fluid precision, you should probably just stick with McDonalds... of course, that'd be a hike from buxton... and it tastes like crap... there are always options...

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank cowgirlinthesand73
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, convenient, and without all that annoying human interaction.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

I really hate sitting down in a restaurant to eat breakfast. The food here was better than a restaurant, and you just walk in, maybe wait on line, order, and sit in cafe or on porch, or go. Don't be discouraged if there is a big line - it goes fast. Really good coffee. Also, if you want to try an Apple ugly, don't order it baked, because they will give you something totally different. It's not ugly and it's peach.