“Good Food & Friendly Waiter”
Review of Sandbar & Grille

Sandbar & Grille
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Buxton
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: We are a casual dining restaurant located on the Pamlico Sound in Buxton. We have been serving lunch and dinner on the Outer Banks for 18 years now, six in Hatteras until Hurricane Isabel took our building away, and then we blew up the road to Buxton for the last 12 years. At this time lunch is served daily 11:30-3, and dinner is served nightly at 5pm. All of our soups are homemade, we serve an assortment of fresh seafood daily, as well as sandwiches, steaks, ribs, and pastas. We have live music on the deck Thursday & Friday nights this summer. Hope to see you there!!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate here our last night in Buxton. My husband wasn't feeling too groovy but I was up for some shrimp :-) The restaurant was clean. Our waiter was pleasant and funny. We didn't have any alcohol so I can't comment on their drinks. I'm sure the view of the sound was very nice but it was after 8:00pm on a dark, windy March night. Their marinara sauce for dipping the calamari was fabulous. I enjoyed my steamed shrimp dinner and my husband enjoyed his food as well. It was hot, fresh and reasonably priced. We'd definitely go back. It was way better than another restaurant experience we had while on Hatteras Island.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Delicious seafood, great wine, excellent service and gorgeous view of the sunset--what more could you need?!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted a restaurant with a view when we visited this weekend, the view outside was truly lovely, but other than the waterfront view, everything else was not up to par. We were so disappointed with the food, the pina coladas were so disgusting, we couldn't even finish. Definitely don't recommend this to anyone. The food is outrageously priced. Try Rusty's or Pop's instead. Hard pass on a second trip to Sandbar.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had scallops and my fiance had a pasta dish with crab and shrimp. Both were excellent. Was alittle pricier than we expected from the outside. Looks like a gameroom, bar/grill burger type place. Pricing more like an upscale seafood restaurant. Food was well worth the price just wasn't what we were expecting going in.

1  Thank Kelly T
Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you want some dependably great food and a fun relaxed atmosphere, find the Sandbar (or the Sandbox as we affectionately call it because it's where we go to play). The Sandbar is one of Hatteras' oldest haunts and was rebuilt (in a different location) after Hurricane Isabel. Great appetizers, big portions, good prices.