“Gibbs”

Hatteras Island Inn Buxton
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Buxton
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at this Inn. Clean, staff is wonderful, went over and above to make me feel welcome. Reasonable, and centrally located

A block from the beach, they have a laundry, good coffee too

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gibbs B
HatterasIslandInn, General Manager at Hatteras Island Inn Buxton, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

I am so glad you came back to stay with us again! I agree the coffee is good and the short walk to the beach is a plus too! Feeling welcome is a very important part of your stay and I am happy to hear that the staff achieved that goal during your stay with us. Clean rooms at a reasonable rate is always on the agenda here. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful quite hotel nice rates. Too bad our work was out here on the off season and hardly anything was open without a long drive. Definitely have to come back during season and do some fishing. Short walk to the beach a a great park across the street for the kids to play.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HatterasIslandInn, General Manager at Hatteras Island Inn Buxton, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit to Hatteras Island Inn. Many comments have come our way about how quiet it is here and I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay. The fishing is great here and we have many charters to choose from or if Surf Fishing is what you are looking for it’s just a very short walk from your room to the beach. During our season the kids will find Go Carts, Bumper Cars, Mini Golf, and the park also has a skateboard area as well as the playground! Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit!

William Gray
Hatteras Island Inn

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Nice clean rooms , easy access to stores and restaurants. The room was very comfortable with all needed amenities . The staff was courteous and accommodating. The one small problem I had with my pass lock was rectified quickly and with a smile. I will surely stay here again next time I I'm in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Broncodriver
HatterasIslandInn, General Manager at Hatteras Island Inn Buxton, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to give us a review of your experience here at Hatteras Island Inn.The staff works hard to ensure that our rooms are clean and ready for your arrival. I apologize for the problem you encountered with the pass lock during your stay although it is good to know it was handled promptly. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit!

William Gray
Hatteras Island Inn

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I spent three nights at Hatteras Island Inn. It was a fishing week end with friends from Virginia. When I arrived I realized I had not specified a first floor room. The manager on duty was nice and changed my reservation from 2nd floor to ground floor. The room was clean and had a small refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. Its not a fancy motel but it is spotless and comfortable and the price was right for my wallet. There are many restaurant's nearby and a Food Lion a short drive north. The management could not have been nicer. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LarryR568
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nice large room with good bed and shower. Very nice appointments. WiFi was a bit slow.

No breakfast, although the restaurant next door was more than adequate. It is a bit pricey, but not unexpected in a resort area - even in the off season/

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DUTCH_Van_Atlanta
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hotel is clean and the staff is nice.
Located at the main road, easy to find, but the GPS is not very accurate in the island.
It is very close to the beach and convenient to see the sunrise.
Price is a little bit high.,around $95.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Older hotel along the main road, but rooms don't face the road, so it's pretty quiet. Large, clean rooms, lots of pillows with a good selection. A/C worked well and the room had a fridge and microwave. Water was an issue---our shower smelled of sulfur. Hotel advertises Beach Access, but it's 100 yards down a side street. We were told we could get to the beach by going thru a wide opening in the fence, down the stairs and down the street. Safe enough, but mobility challenged will struggle, as will families with strollers. Outdoor pool with wonderful clean water, lots of chairs and a covered pavilion out of the sun. We booked through Orbitz which advertised as Breakfast included, but be warned they DO NOT HAVE BREAKFAST. Was told they hadn't offered it in a year. Manager offered to take something off the room price, then proceeded to bill us for a room for which we had prepaid. When I called to get that adjusted, they only had one person working the front desk on a Friday afternoon and she wanted to wait to correct the billing until Monday. It took her several hours before she finally called back and corrected the billing. Never did get any money back for the "missing" free breakfast. Only 1 washer/dryer for the complex. I probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the building---afternoon sun bakes the west side.