“Gorgeous Setting; Good Food”

Hawtrees Bar and Grill
Ranked #15 of 37 Restaurants in Burnsville
Cuisines: American
Tallahassee, Fl
“Gorgeous Setting; Good Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I am shocked at the negative reviews I read; my experience could not have been more different. The setting, overlooking the golf course, the river, and mountains is so picturesque and peaceful. Since it was a beautiful evening, dining on the deck was perfect. Passing the intimate bar and well appointed dining rooms on the way outdoors, gave me an idea of the indoor ambience as well. The hostess was cordial and wait staff friendly and informative. The menu is quite diverse, from pulled pork sandwich special to steaks and chops. We began with some outstanding homemade chips dusted with parmesan and spices. I could have made a meal of them alone. My companion chose a shrimp and pasta dish which was a large portion of pasta and fresh, delicious shrimp. I decided on the filet cut sirloin - not something I have encountered before - and it was cooked perfectly med rare as I had asked. It was very flavorful and tender. I have no complaints about service or food. I found it a friendly place that I'll bring guests. I will even consider it for a peaceful solo dinner, given that lovely view. Prices were about what I would expect from a fine dining establishment.

• Visited May 2014

North Carolina
“Gourmet food in the mountains of North Carolina!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Cozy restaurant at the foot of Mt. Mitchell with a fantastic view of the golf course the Mt. Mitchell! Had the mountain trout and it was perfectly cooked on a mound of garlic mashed potatoes. Their house specialty martini is quite the show and so good! We can't wait to go back!

Burnsville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a good meal and friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Goulash was world class...It was so good I had it two nights in a row. Teo the owner and chef was very hospitable and his food creations are great. April the bartender and Janet the server always have a smile to share and make you feel down home! Come early and watch the sun set over the mountains! One of my favorite areas to visit.

• Visited September 2013
“Great food and great service, especially April the bartender.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Teo the owner is a great host and keeps your belly happy! April the bartender makes you feel like you are at home.

Moneta, Virginia
“dining”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

sucked...food was poor and the owner was stumbling drunk on 2 seperate ocasions. beautiful area to visit though.