“Bubba's”

Bubba’s Good Eats
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Burnsville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Didn't like this place. The service was slow and the place was too large and noisy. Variety on menu limited. Plenty of room although a little hard to find.

There are newer reviews for Bubba’s Good Eats

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Food is pretty good. Good menu choices. Atmosphere great if you like the sports theme environment. Seems to be popular with the school age kids.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice place. Good hometown cooking. Friendly atmosphere for families.Varied menu with lots of specials. I had the Brook Trout. It was prepared excellent. Good barbeque. Local influence.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The first time we visited Bubba's for lunch and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was pretty good and the service was excellent. I was excited to go back the next night with a different couple and it was a completely different experience. First of all, the restaurant is rather small and loud. Ambiance is cute as they feature local sports teams. We all had BBQ sandwiches, which were good. I wish their regular BBQ sauce was just a touch more spicy and forget about asking for their vinegar-based sauce as someone in my party did. It has the consistency of water. Doesn't make for a very good sandwich. It was the ambiance, however, that ruined our meal. There was a table with two young kids who made three or four of the tables into their play area. We had a hard time getting to our table because there was a sippy cup and coloring pages in the aisle. The little boy broke and then threw his crayons on the floor. Then he ran and jumped and stomped on them. His mom would get up, walk over to him, and drag him back to their table and he would wail loudly. As soon as she let go, he was off again. The little girl (same table) ran all over the place barefoot. And had her bare feet up in her chair. Yuck. I was very disappointed in the staff because they realized the disruption these kids were causing but never once asked them to keep the kids at their own table or for the little girl to put her shoes back on. I'm not a stodgy stick-in-the-mud, either. I'm not even 30 years old. I have a degree in education and I'm used to kids but this was ridiculous. I contacted the restaurant later that night and was given the excuse that it was "kids eat free" Monday. In my opinion, that does not make it a McDonald's play area. Everyone in my party decided to avoid this restaurant until they enforce some guidelines about behavior and attire.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect since this was not clearly advertised as a barbeque place, but the pulled pork bbq sandwich was definitely up to the high NC standards for barbeque. The atmosphere is good, with historic photos of an amazing variety of local sports teams. Has the feel of a real local place rather than the usual appalachian memorabilia produced for tourists. Don't come looking for haute cuisine, but good for local fare.