“Super 8 Low Rate Need to Renovate”

Super 8 Burlington NC
Super 8 Burlington NC
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Rate was great for first 2 weeks in Jan 2013. Booked smoking King room due to lower rate. Arrived at 7pm and after ringing bell staff came to front desk within 30 seconds. Check in was great, staff friendly knowledgeable and friendly. Got to room and key worked. Room bedspred, sheets, pillows reeked of smoke and had lost their plumpness. Outside of that room our was clean. We put the do not disturb sign on door for first 3 days since had to work at night first weekend. After that staff cleaned room, changed sheets, and towels, cleaned bathroom. Next week staff put fresh bed spread on bed and washed pillows, vacuumed, once figured out my husband and I did not smoke and we were able to get 2 new pillows. The desk chair seat was not attached so did not use. The desk lamp plug did not work. The king mattress was lumpy and sagged in the middle as well as creeked when weight was placed on bed. It was definately time to replace the mattress and box springs. Gaps around door but air conditioner and heat worked great. We were searching for an apartment so had to stay there for 3 weeks. Outside of that the staff were friendly and placed importance on cleaning room and happy to bring more toilet paper, towels or pillows. The high speed internet service was recently upgraded and worked great. The tv was old but worked fine. Cable tv channels basic with HBO and worked great. Staff advised would match internet rate if found one cheaper than their website or in their system. Special in January on Super8 website if book a stay of 3 nights or more and would get 20pct off entire stay which we booked for first 2 weeks. When extended third week the rate was not carried over and desk clerk charged higher rate, advised system would not let them rebook at that rate when promised the previous week that they could. Moved to Affordable Suites of America that included full kitchen, cable tv with HBO,water, electric, garbage, laundry, high speed internet with wifi, clean, updated, quiet with new mattresses etc. Burlington Super 8 would be great if completely renovated including repaving their parking lot. They were replacing floor lamps when we departed so maybe they will hopefully start the rest soon!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 15, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have now stayed at this location on 2 separate occasions in the past 2 weeks. Each time I booked online. Upon arrival I was charged a different rate than was shown on my reservation confirmation. I didn't notice it on my first stay until I looked at my bank statement. My second visit I watched as the attendant manually changed my rate. I will be arriving tomorrow morning, I assume this practice will continue, at which time I will be reversing the charges to my card as I have the print outs of what the charges should have been. The room is what I would expect when staying at a super 8, however I feel like this is a "bait and switch" only worse as they are not honoring the online price. You have my email and I hope that you read this and deal with the problem as I am going to need a motel for 4 more weeks and I would rather stay here

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've stayed at Super 8 only once before, and this was not nearly as nice of a hotel as I last experienced. The staff was very nice and helpful, but the rooms were pretty poor. The towels were very low quality, and one of them had a bad odor. The beds and the sheets were not very comfortable either. The shower had very low water pressure. However, the room was fairly cheap compared to others in the area, so it wasn't all bad.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here overnight travelling from Florida to Philadelphia on the Monday before Thanksgiving. The rooms are really big and comfortable for a hotel in this price range. Everything about my stay was good, staff were freindly and helpful, facility and rooms were all clean. Free wi-fi etc.
Because of the good experience I stayed overnight on my way back and found the same.
I always stay in economy hotels (hate paying a fortune just to watch TV and sleep) This was the best economy hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo