“Go elswhere” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Calgary, Canada
“Go elswhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

Booked our 5-day stay here but was disappointed as our expectations were based on our stay at Motel 6s in Medicine Hat, AB and Saskatoon, SK. So stayed for 1 night, cancelled and found a better place to stay. Front desk very professional and friendly. Unfortunately, hotel looked old and felt unsafe. Rooms extremely clean but had no microwave, fridge, had an old 19" TV with limited channels, bed uncomfortable and the aircon not functioning. You smelt smoke even if you were on the non-smoking room. Not near amenities, no continental breakfast, no pool and not homey. Good for business people on a low budget but not very good for families.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Greenwich Village, NYC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

The room I had was clean enough, unlike what other reviewers have said.

The front desk help was not so great. Too busy talking on the phone to deal with me at first, and it was not a reservation she was taking.

I bought the wifi card for three bucks, but there was no signal. When I called to ask about it, she said to call the number on the back of the card, which is not what the problem was. She showed absolutely zero inclination to want to help me solve the problem.

I have had better front desk service from high school students on their summer breaks.

I'll go elsewhere next time. It's all about service.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Raleigh NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2009

I have stayed at this motel every weekend for over a year and I will tell you that the manager is the worst.I have 2 disabilities and have been treated unfairly and talked to unprofessionally by her repeatedly.The manager here is mean to her customers and her staff,so don't stay here.This motel is filthy and has greasy dirt carpets,flying bugs and roaches and toilets that stop up and run all over the floor.The bathrooms have mold and mildew and I have found other guest's hairs on the shower walls many times which is a health violation.This motel makes up the rooms using sheets other guests have slept on-I know as I have found hairs and dirt in my bed before and never ever launders the comforters on the beds.I have a also found used washcloths in the bathroom hung up over the shower curtain bar that the maids did not pick up.

Stayed January 2009
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2008

This motel stay was one of the worst I have ever had with the rudeness of the staff and the policies of the management. My daughter and I were laughed at in the lobby by the clerk and acting manager when we asked for towels for the room and pool.
We were told corporate did not allow towels for the pool but we could wash our own. They allowed people in the pool who were not staying there. Those people were allowing their children to run and pull on lour chairs. When I asked them to stop I was threatened by thier mother. I will never stay there again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank ohio02
Hopewell, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2006

Spent only one nite there and I will not return. The staff was quite friendly, it was convenient to the outlets, it was cheap. Those are the only good things I can say about the motel. The carpet was filthy. The furniture was in need of repair. The bathroom wasn't what I would call clean. The toilet leaked water on the floor. The shower surround had quite a bit of mold/mildew on it. I was sitting on the bed last nite around 11:30 and looked on the floor by the dresser as a roach skittered by (it ended up in the treads of my tennis shoe). The outside of the motel was dirty and several air conditioner covers were coming off. I've read that it's a pet friendly motel and after seeing the roach I would be hesitant to take my dog there.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — cockroach!
  • Tips/Secrets — bring bug spray, clorox, slippers
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank virginiatravlr
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2006

I spent one evening at the Motel 6 in Burlington. It was very cheap (less than $30 total with tax), and I had no complaints.

You get a clean room & it was safe. If I was a single woman, I may have felt differently, but I didn't sense any threat at any time.

The people staying in the adjacent rooms seemed like they were just folks in the same boat -- looking for a cheap place to stay where you don't feel like your car might get stolen or anything. So, everyone keeps pretty well to themselves, which was nice.

I arrived very late, and had to get going early the next morning. So, it was more than adequate for that purpose.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business