“would not stay here again - rough place”

Econo Lodge Burlington
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Beds were very uncomfortable, back was sore the next morning. Pool was extremely crowded, rooms were not the cleanest. Had to move us to a different room because our air conditioning would not work. room was stinky. Rough looking people loitering in parking lot. Yucky continental breakfsat, the waffle machine was broke too.This area just seemed to be a rough place- I would not stay here again even though it was cheap.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank RosemountChick

Reviewed June 7, 2010

After getting our key from the not particularly welcoming front desk, we went to our room. It was worn looking and not very clean. When we turned down one of the beds, the linens had not been changed and the sheets and pillow cases were dirty and stained. We went to the front desk and requested a new room. The clerk never said anything, just looked up another room and handed me a key. The second room was only slightly better. One of the beds had a crusty bit of something stuck to the bottom sheet. We gave up trying to get a truly clean room and just slept around the crud.

Both rooms could best be described as nasty. Only the late hour kept us from checking out and finding another motel. The hotel personnel's uncaring attitude only compounded the bad experience.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Quiet and cozy place to stay. I actually stayed for about 5 weeks excellent bang for the buck. Staff was wonderful polite and very helpful. Breakfast was suprisingly good definitly more than the average continental breakfast. The hotel has came a long way since the last time I stayed in 2008.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2010

if you are looking 4 a safe place & friendly people the Econo Lodge in Burlington is the place to go. You can get a good nite sleep & good food in the morning. There is stroes all around & fast food places. The best thing about Econo Lodge is the people. I loved my stay here at the Econo Lodge.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Looking for a place that is safe, but not $100/night? This may be it. While it was the bare minimum for what I usually stay at, it provided a quiet and safe rest.

It did have interior doorways, which is always something I look at before I book a hotel. The room, although remodeled, still shows its age. However, even being next to the stairs, it was a quiet room, which completely surprised me. The wireless internet did not connect with my laptop, but another motel's did. There were only two sets on linens for my wife and I, though thankfully, we did not need any more than that. The breakfast was very minimal. but for the price, okay. All in all, I have stayed at places that are a lot worst than this. Again, for a moderate level hotel, this is the lowest I would go, but the price may sell you in the end.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Clean room, good smell and cordial staff. Interior halls with secure exterior entry. Easy access from interstate. 4-rating rather than 5 only due to older condition of building and accessories.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2010

The service at this hotel was amazing!! Everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeepers went that extra mile to make my stay an awesome experience. My room was larger than any hotel room I have ever stayed in. My room was clean and the fridge and micro were an added bonus. This hotel is centrally located to 8 fast food restaurants a food lion grocery store and a number of sit down restaurants. On the whole this property is a great value and offers Truck parking as well free passes to the local gym. I recomend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo