“Will never stay at this hotel again”

Econo Lodge Burlington
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Will never stay at this hotel again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and had no problems. We stayed one night in March and it was bad. The staff was nice. The only things we had problems with was the bathroom and the breakfast. The tub was sinking in, bugs in the light fixture, towels had stains. The breakfast was only 2 kinds of cereal and waffles. The waffle iron was nasty. There was hidden charges. We was told one price and charged more .They should fix things around there. It was not worth what we had to pay. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

I came here last week my house burned down and every one here welcome me with open arms and made me feel right at home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Morrisville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

It was a hole in the wall. No literally a hole in the wall. When you pull up before you get inside there is a hole on the building patched up. My son was so upset when I told him to take a shower because the place was so smelly and nasty. Since the pool was closed, I was directed to an offsite workout place that had a pool, RUSH. I went out of way to go there and then didn't let me or my son in because he wasn't 13 years old. I complained to the front desk personnel at night but he didn't care and didn't know what I was talking about. The front desk person during day that sent me there apologized and seemly cared. And I wake up with a backache. When I didn't have one before I got there. There were ants in the room. The hotel is in a rough neighborhood and it a prime example of you get what you paid for. It should have costed me no more than $39. It wasn't worth anymore.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

When i stayed at the econo lodge in burlington i was very impressed with asst manager at the desk. as i talked with him he was very knowledgeable about the motel and the area of burlington his name is Brian Durham. I must say he was very kind and conciderate and showed very good people skills. The breakfest was good and the rooms was very nice i would recomend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Burlington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

I've stay at Econo Lodge before and this location is wonderful. The rooms is nice and large enough for my pet dog to run around. Clean and service everyday by housekeeping. I love the location, it's just right off the exit, hugh parking, interior corridor, wirless internet..and the best is that they have a 24 hours coffee mechine at lobby...As a guest, I received a VIP pass to The Rush Fittness Center open 24 hours, FREE!..If anything went wrong, the front desk, no doubt will go out of their way to make me feel safe and comfortable away from home..I would recommend this location to many familys and friends. This is my stay when I am back in Burlington, NC....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

The towels were soiled. Clean but traces of the past were on them. The internet NEVER worked in our room. The staff was friendly, but housekeeping did not understand a word I said and kept bringing me floor mats instead of large towels. My daughter put a piece of candy on the dresser and there was a roach on it in ten minutes..YUCK! There were kids up and down the hall all hours of the night. And how many people can you possibly fit into that little swimming pool? To top it off they ran out of eggs in the continental breakfast and the waffle machine sucked! Next time I go through that town, I will pay a bit more and go to the Quality Inn across the street. This was disgusting!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

There is easy access to many discount shops and downtown. Lots of parking and convenient back entry doors with key cards. Room was clean, large bathroom with fan, eating table and large fridge turned on and ready.

Mattress wasn't super comfortable but decent. Free breakfast but no fruits or meat. I'd like to see an offering of oatmeal, grits packets, bananas and a pitcher of water.

Pleasant stay - no major issues.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Burlington
Red Carpet Inn Burlington
Red Carpet Inn Burlington
#9 of 15 in Burlington
Drury Inn & Suites Burlington

Been to Econo Lodge Burlington? Share your experiences!