“Never again...I'd rather sleep in my car”

Red Carpet Inn Burlington
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Spent a weekend here...never again. This was the worst experience I've ever had. There were 3 people in our room, so we ask maid for another towel. Very rudely he replied you already have two towels. We explained that there were 3 of us and he did get one more towel. The next day we were gone all day and returned around 9:30 to find no one had cleaned the room. This meant noclean towles, luckly we had brought pool towels with us. (I was afraid tolet my daughter go to the pool due to unsafe enviroment. All trhough the night different cars would pull up in front of rooms and blow the horn. Again not a safe feeling at all. Room was dingy: Frig. very dirty: Ants all over the sink. When we were leaving my husband complained at front desk and all the woman could say is "he must not of had time to get to your room". I would recomend not staying here it's not worth it at any price. You'll get no rest.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank VirginiaUnhappy2010

Reviewed September 15, 2009

I've found, by accident, one of the best low cost motels I could imagine.

I like Americas Best Value Inns but his one is extra nice. Friendly and welcoming front desk staff, maids, maintenance and grounds keepers, somebody has taught these folks how to treat a guest with friendliness and respect, couldn't ask for better, and at a great low price.

The room was roomy and clean with easy access and the Motel was quiet my entire stay, slept well and comfortably.

The pool was super clean and well maintained, the grounds are clean, yes some places could use a little paint, but it is an older, less expensive motel, I'm not paying for gold and glitter, but I'm enjoying my stay and the staff are very nice.

My room is clean and everything works well, the maintenance man even came to check my A/C, Heater filters, good staff, clean room, friendly folks.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank AJandEJ
Reviewed October 25, 2008

I'm not sure what people expect for $31, but I feel as though I got what I paid for...a no-frills room. I took my daughter to visit Elon Univ. and we needed to stay in the area for one night. I found this for $31 (with my AAA) and booked it. It was clean and we got the non-smoking room I asked for (but not the King-sized bed). Front desk staff was pleasant and capable enough...seemed like a family-run business. Didn't have time to check out the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. I did see when I checked in that they had a nice little room for it though. It is a tad noisy b/c of it's easy-on/off highway location, but it didn't disturb our sleep. TV was a bit on the cruddy side and it took us three tries to get the thing to stay on and it occasionally emitted a whining noise, but again...the room was $31 and I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal. Property was attended to with some pretty rose bushes and what appeared to be a nice pool area. It could use a coat of paint and some more sprucing up. I admit, I was slightly nervous driving up, but it turned out to be unfounded and our stay was fine. I would not have stayed here for more than one night, but it was a good place to lay our heads.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank gotobednow
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Man, talk about a dump. We stayed at this hotel on an Elon Family weekend as pretty much all of Burlington sells out at that time. Half the hotel was not even operational, and those block of rooms that were seemed were filled with the skurge of the earth. When we got home from festivities at the college, people were drinking in their rooms with doors open and spilling out onto the balcony in front. At night, I feared for my familys safety. The room was dirty, old, carpet was nasty, and there were exposed electrical wires in the bathroom from a missing light. Unbelievable that this place continues to pass any kind of zoning laws in the area.
IF THIS IS THE LAST AVAILABLE HOTEL, DO NOT STAY HERE! YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF TRAVELING TO GREENSBORO.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BGrad
A TripAdvisor Member
baltimore, md
Reviewed April 30, 2006

i stayed here and i too requested a non smoking room and received a smoking room among MANY other problems. when i went to the front desk to request a refund i had to police called on me! i am trying very hard to contact corporate office to have them investigate into this place it needs to be shut down!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 13, 2006

We enjoyed our brief stay here very much. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming, the breakfast was sufficient and the room was airy and bright. We've stayed at places for the same amount of money or more that haven't been anywhere near as nice as this place. The window looked out onto the back parking lot but beyond that was an open field with woods in the distance and there was a pond and geese, so it felt like we were out in the country.
The bathroom was clean and roomy and the whole place, with the exception of the corridor outside the room, was clean and fresh-smelling. There were some odors in the corridor but it may have been due to a lot of rainy weather and people tracking in water. I would definately stay there again.

4  Thank GrammieLaurie
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2004

This hotel was okay. The staff was very nice and the lobby area is comfortable.

The rooms could use new carpeting as they do have a bit of a stale odor. It's okay if your just passing through NC.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member