“Very good food and great service”
Review of Mayflower Seafood

Mayflower Seafood
Ranked #67 of 225 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 23, 2014

All of the chain restaurants were packed so my wife and I stopped in at the Mayflower for dinner. We were glad we did. Mayflower prices were very reasonable and great service and very good sea food. A family restaurant with many local guests. We very much recommend for lunch or dinner. Right off the south side of I-40 just west of town.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

WE have eaten here before. Good variety of seafood,and a special children's menu for the grandchildren. Salads are very large and tasty, standard friend seafood items, and a number of broiled choices too--as well as burgers and steaks(remember it's a seafood restaurant so don't expect Lone Star type items). Overall, good basic food, lots of it, and a very reasonable price with fast and friendly service. Great combination, and we'll go back.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have found since I posted my "Good Place to Eat" review in December 2012 that this restaurant is not quite what it was. I have gotten consistently greasier, overcooked, and saltier food. I thought it was just me since I've dropped lots of fried foods in the past year. However I ate at the one on Peter's Creek Parkway for a Sunday lunch while visiting a hospitalized relative in June. It was absolutely perfect and made the Burlington restaurant seem pretty bad in comparison--even on a good day.

I have had great at Burlington since but I do believe they are having a high turn over of cooks or something. I also agree with the reviewer who said the fish was so thin there was not any fish in it--true. You have to order "flounder" not the baby or baby whitefish. Clam strips are consistently way overcooked. Also we did a take out recently and the tartar sauces were of varying consistencies (watery to mayo thick) and amounts in the cups varied. Luckily the cocktail sauce was just fine!

Salad in restaurant and take out were very very wet--water in the bottom of the salad and coating the leaves--dressing just washed away. I got the grilled chicken (take out) this week. It was so incredibly salty I did not enjoy the meal at all--but was stuck since it was take out and I had nothing else. I hate this downturn and truly hope they fix these issues. The Burllington restaurant was such a great place to eat. Now it's just sort of average.

3  Thank C J
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Where to begin... We chose Mayflower to celebrate a family members birthday. We were a large party (12 of us) on a Friday night during prime dinner hour (630pm). We had called ahead early in the day to alert them as to our arrival & were told they would be ready for us. We arrive. The host is new & has no idea anything about our party. It seemed that the manager had taken the note but had forgotten to convey to her team to prep a large table. So here begins the awful experience. We had to wait approx 15 minutes to be seated. Not too bad, except there shouldn't have been more than a 5 min wait. We were seated in a large room where we were the only folks in the room. Pretty nice. Then our wretched waiter arrives about 10 minutes after we were seated. He's huffing and puffing about how they have him waiting our table plus tables in the rest of the restaurant (instead of looking at this as a good tip opportunity). He gets drink orders....It takes 15+ minutes to get our drinks & hushpuppies. We had to flag down someone for napkins. We had to ask for silverware, because did I mention the table still wasn't actually PREPPED for us. We wait another 20+ minutes beyond that to get our food. Food doesn't arrive together. Half the table gets served the other half has to wait another 10+ minutes for their food. By the time our food gets here all of us that had ordered salad realized that we had never received one. Our waiter proceeds to ask do we still want the salads. Not to mention the waiter keeps bringing stuff no one has ordered and then saying "well does anyone want extra salad etc no charge, we're just going to throw it out." So then there was the food issue. Broiled white fish = not good. Broiled scallops = overdone rubbery terrible flavor. Cajun flounder = sticky, hardly any seasoning, barely edible. How is it possible to mess up baked potatoes I'll never know but half were piping hot, half were barely warm. Shrimp salad consisted of tiny boiled (obviously canned, or otherwise not cooked on site) shrimp that had a very odd flavor. I guess all of this was supposed to be made more appealing by the large portions & tiny piece of wilted iceberg lettuce slapped haphazardly on each plate. By the end of our experience our waiter starts joking about how awful of an experience we've had & getting a terrible tip etc (as if that helped the situation). Overall it had been 5+ years since the last time I ate here and I certainly haven't been missing anything, nor will I be returning.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Reminds me of family seafood restaurants in Florida. Walked in and got seated right away. Food was served less than 10 minutes after we ordered. Fish and shrimp were very good. Huge portions. Good price. Good service. Nice find. Will eat here again.