“Undercooked food”

Cuisines: American
New Bern, NC
“Undercooked food”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We love Cracker Barrel and have only had one other bad experience besides this one. We were seated, waiter took our drink order & food order and then 10 min. later (no exaggeration) we still didn't have our drinks. Restaurant was not overly crowded for Sunday morning breakfast. Had to ask another waitress to remind our waiter. A few minutes later he came and said he was sorry, he had another table to take care of (we saw him take orders at 2 other tables while we waited). Got our food shortly after we finally got our drinks. Husband's cherry pancakes were good; my blueberry pancakes came with maple syrup, so had to ask for the blueberry syrup (food was not brought to the table by our waiter). Each of my 3 pancakes was not cooked in the middle; I'm talking still batter stage. Got no refills on our drinks until almost done eating, when waiter said he would refill my husband's coffee. Five minutes later (no exaggeration), he still hadn't come over. We flagged down the manager who was very understanding, could see that my pancakes weren't cooked through, and said he would talk to the waiter & the cook and take care of the bill. We will eat at Cracker Barrel again, but probably not this one even though the manager was very considerate.

• Visited August 2013

Ashland, KY
“Good lunch”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stopped on a Friday at 2:00 PM. After the waiter got the order wrong, we ate whatever he brought to us. Average CB. If you're on I-40 and want inexpensive meal, consider this one. You have other choices nearby.

• Visited July 2013
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Always a delicious breakfast”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I enjoyed their yogurt parfait with granola and fresh fruit. The waitress offered to heat up the blueberry muffin and it was really good. Also comes with eggs and bacon.

Service was very good.

• Visited May 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“The staff treat the elderly with great respect and patience.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The food here is good basic Cracker Barrel food. What is exceptional is the way the staff treat customers, especially my 87 year old father. He uses a walker, moves slowly. Every effort is made to seat us as soon as possible; if there is a wait, a chair is found for my father so he doesn't have to stand long. The wait staff takes care to listen well and treat us all with respect. They know my father by name and greet him as he comes in.

• Visited May 2013
Fruit Cove, Florida
“Don't go in after 9 pm”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I walked in about 9:20 pm and they close at 10. I had to wait several minutes to be seated and then I had to ask sit in a more desirable spot as the waitress sat me at the first table 5 feet away from the hostess station. Before I was even handed a menu or had a chance to sit in the chair, she was asking me what I wanted to order. She seemed a little annoyed when I asked for a minute to look at the menu, which is about all she gave me. After she brought me my food, I never saw her again until about 9:55, I take it that was my hint to get out. The only time she showed any sign of customer service or friendliness was when she brought me my bill. I guess that was to remind me she wanted a tip. Very disappointing for a Cracker Barrel. The food was very good but the service was some of the poorest I have ever received.

• Visited March 2013