“NOT A GOOD CHOICE”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“NOT A GOOD CHOICE”
Reviewed January 6, 2011

This place looked dirty the moment you walked in . After turning the light switch on the light barely turned on. The carpet looked very old and the room did not give the guest a modern feeling.

At the time we checked in I was not made aware of the fact that the room was not going to be serviced every day until after my credit card was processed and I signed their paperwork. This meant that we would have to make our own beds, take out the trash every day etc.Everytime I left I asked for I would never ever go there again or recommend someone else going there. That place is so nastyat least clean towels the first day, after that the garbage can wasn't even emptied.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
7 Thank davimina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I was on a business trip and needed a place to stay for 3 weeks with a limited budget from my company. I'm picky so I visited this place and looked at the room before buying it. The rooms were in good shape and the place seems to be new and the area was super quiet. I'd say check it out and see for yourself. Good quality.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ricksabantino
Cary, NC
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I visited Burlington Honda plant and needed to stay for a few nights as i'll be making regular trips going forward. No complaints with this hotel. I got a great deal with a large room for $60/night. The room was super clean with well maintained furniture and bed. Style was simple. Extremely quiet and safe - located on a cul-de-sac. You can't go wrong with this one.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 28, 2009

The bed was a brick, a mattress like we used to buy 25 years ago. Don't get me wrong, it looked new, but cheap. The pillows, not pillows but wafers of linen. The smoke detector...went off at 3:52 A.M.. No smoke, just alarm. Just a bad experience. I felt worse when I got up then when I went to bed

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Scott M
mycorporatesuites, Manager at Corporate Suites of Burlington, responded to this review, March 9, 2010
We disagree with this review. Our mattresses are of high quality typical of an extended stay hotel. The smoke detectors are hard-wired with battery backup. We periodically check the strength of batteries to ensure they are replaced timely (not to mention we are required to meet fire inspection safety inspections on an annual basis). The alarm system has not given us any problems so I am not sure about what situation this guest is referring to. Pillows are standard hotel quality pillows and if the guest required a different pillow, we would have gladly provided additional pillows. We communicate and encourage our guests to let us know if they need anything to be comfortable. After all, we are in the hospitality business.

Travelers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed September 3, 2009

My family and I stayed there for 4 weeks while waiting to close on our house. We put $100 deposit. When we left we spent several hours cleaning and left it as clean as possible. The manager refused to give us ANY of our deposit back even though it looked as good as when we arrived. She made up some story about damages that didn't exist. Don't stay here long term!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank travellerX75
We have a strict policy of returning the full balance of deposits. The only instances we withhold deposits is when a guest abused the room or damaged the equipment or furniture. Our goal is to encourage repeat customers and withholding deposits is not in line with our business objectives. We disagree with this review.
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Stopped here overnight on a drive from Boston to Atlanta. The couple who runs this extended stay motel are very accomodating and professional. This is strictly a no frills facility, but very, very clean. At least the suite I stayed in was! It's tucked behind a Hampton Inn and it was a little difficult to find, though it is right off a main road. But that's fine, because it was nice and quiet. There are also several restaurants nearby.

My suite had a small kitchen/living area, a decent sized bathroom and bedroom, two televisions and DSL. The only complaint I have is the DSL worked intermittently and I was trying to get some work done. Otherwise I would highly recommend for a clean, budget friendly place to stay if in the area on business.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Macon, North Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2009

My son's wife had our 3rd grandson,so we came to oooh & ahhh appropriately. We needed a room for the night,as his wife's sister had come for 3 weeks to help with the other 2 boys(ages 2 & 4--a handfull!) We read about this hotel in tripadvisor. Since we would only sleep here 1 night other ammenities didn't matter. WE have a 1 bedroom suite, with full-size refrig & stove. It's a little hard to find behind Outback & a Hampton. However the distance from I-40,and nestled back in a business park, gives a good deal of quiet. The room is clean,and adequately furnished. For $60 a night for a decent size suite,it seems to be a reasonable price, if you just need a clean,quiet place to sleep.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple