“Great Place!”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
West Hartford,
“Great Place!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Located close to I-40 and Elon University, very nice facility, friendly, efficient staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Out East
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Less than $100 = good value for a stop over hotel. Nice sizable rooms and decent workout room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here in May 2012 for one night. Booked online and probably would not have chosen this hotel if I had the choice at the time of booking, but this trip opened my mind about Best Western Plus. The hotel is older and the restaurant was not open while we were there due to renovations. We had requested a king room and initially were placed in one with two queens. We advised the front desk staff and were immediately put into a new room with a king bed. It was on the front facing Huffman Mill Rd, an extremely busy main street in Burlington, but we never knew it. The room was quiet and the blackout curtains kept out most of the light. The main annoyance was the huge gap at the bottom of the door that let in light. ( I cannot sleep if there is very much light in the room.) I got up and put towels down to cover it.

We did not use the pool, but I wished that I had brought my kids when I saw it. Beautiful. Breakfast was above average for most continental style hotel breakfasts, with American attendants replenishing everything and wiping up spills constantly.

I love Hampton Inns, but I have to say, I would choose this for the price from now on! It is centrally located in a great part of town, almost right across from Wal-Mart. There is a Mellow Mushroom, a Cracker Barrel, a McDonald's, Chik-Fil-A, and lots of other restaurants within a quarter mile. Very convenient to interstate exit, but can be tricky to turn left out of parking lot due to no traffic light and having to pull out into Huffman Mill Rd.

Room Tip: Request room away from road in front of hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JackieM09
Fallston, Maryland
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed there to visit Elon University. When I booked the room I used the AAA rate, but when checking in I mentioned to the staff that we were visiting the school and she gave me the Elon rate which saved an additional $10.00. Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was okay, scrambled eggs were kind of runny. The only complaints are that to get to our room we had to go back outside to enter another building and there was no elevator. Since our room was on the second floor, we had to carry our luggage up the stairs and back down the next morning after checking out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The service at this hotel is great! Location is great! Price was great! What can I say...our experience here was great. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean (we had 2). We had a handicapped person with us and the room was great for him. Our room was upstairs and it was very clean. The pool at this location is fantastic. It is the largest pool we have had at a hotel. The location is nice because it is close to everything you would need. Will definetly stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Suffolk, UK.
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This was only used as a stopover between Gatlinburg & Virginia Beach but we loved the rooms & particularly, the pool.

Arrived at ~5pm in temperatues approaching 90F/30C. Pool was so welcome and also, clean. I have to say that these BW PLUS hotels do offer that little bit more that is welcome. We never selected hotels based on whether they were PLUS or not. We have always gone for location and convenience but the BW PLUS name has served us well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Flora, MS
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

This was a great Best Western stay. The rooms seemed renovated and fresh. The breakfast spread was very good. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012