“My favorite Best Western”

Best Western Plus Burlington
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed at this Best Western about 6-8 times while my daughter was at Elon University. Very friendly front desk and clean, spacious rooms.

Nice option for Elon parents.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BillSweeney1
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Burlington

Reviewed November 3, 2011

We are so pleased we picked this hotel. We had a King Suite because the rest of the hotel was booked. The room was very spacious and immaculate! Plus we have a son with severe food allergies so we had a refrigerator/freezer and microwave in the room which helped. The free breakfast in the morning is a great added bonus. Every restaurant you can imagine is within walking distance as well as many stores in case you forget something. I found the staff to be exceptionally nice (but then again, so is every one in the area). I guess that's what southern hospitality is all about, and quite frankly, I like it. We have stayed at many hotels and I found this one to be one of the cleanest! I highly recommend this hotel and if I'm ever in the area again, we are staying there!

Room Tip: If you want to spend a few dollars more and have more than 2 people, get the King suite. There were...
1  Thank nytraveler1026
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I with our 2 children just enjoyed 2 nights at this convenient anf comfortable Best Western in Burlington. We had adjoining rooms ( 1 double and 1 suite).and the rooms were spacious and well-furnished. They were clean and quiet, and the staff was very helpful. A nice buiffet breakfast is served daily, and it was delicious. We would definitely return to this very nice motel.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed at the Best Western Burlington during a college visit to Elon. It was very convenient to the University and well priced. It is an older property that has been re-decorated and well cared for. The room (two queens) was quite large, with a nice bathroom, newer tv and good climate control. It was SPOTLESS!! Breakfast was included, and it was a step up from the fare offered by most hotels in this class. The dining room was large and clean and there was access to outdoor tables which was nice, given the warm weather.

Room service was available via the adjacent restaurant. They were a bit confused about billing the meal to my room, but figured it out without delay. The food choices were nice - we enjoyed appetizers and salads which were delivered promptly, despite us ordering on a busy Friday night.

The Best Western was a comfortable, clean and very pleasant surprise.

2  Thank where2gonexttime
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Good hotel, well located. Good breakfast. We will come again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for a week as a new Elon parent. Not really convenient to Elon, but other than the Acorn Inn (with very limited space), this is as close as one can get. It was, however, convenient to the new large open-air shopping area and just off I-40.

The place looks like a remake of an older motel from the 60's. Rather a sprawling place with inside corridors for room access. 2-3 stories. Lots of rooms. Probably the biggest hotel in that area.

Had an outdoor pool that was a step up from newer hotels. Kidney shaped and larger than most. They tried to make it look "resort-like". Furniture in the room was a bit dated as well as the decor, but it was comfortable. Free wifi, large TV with many stations. Medium size fridge. Wall safe also. Linens seemed a bit thin and the bed cover not very new. Bathroom very clean, but again, a bit aged. House keeping was good, except they sometimes forgot to replace toiletries and the coffee bags. As large as the hotel was, they seemed to make my room shortly after I would leave.

Staff was very friendly, chatty and helpful. Dressed very professionally, they were knowledgeable and efficient. They knew what they were doing.

Breakfast was included and it was better than most. Scrambled eggs, bacon and two types of sausage for the hot stuff. Numerous cereals and breads. Several choices of coffee in addition to decaf. Normally very active during the breakfast rush hour. Numerous servers attended the breakfast bar to keep it full and kept the tables clean and orderly. And if you could distract them from their jobs, they were fun to talk with. There was a restaurant attached to the hotel, but I didn't try it. Looked good though.

A few things I didn't like. There was a gap under the door of at least the thickness of a hot dog. Needless to say, any noise in the hallway was in your room. Also, you could hear the people next door, but no more than the average place. While the location was as good as possible for being near Elon and great for the shopping, the hotel is on a busy road and making a left turn was a bother. Unfortunately everywhere I needed to go was to the left. If it was impossible, I had to turn right on the busy road, make a left and then turn around. Also, there was a sign for an ice machine on my floor, but when you reached the room, it was empty – nada. Just a dark unfinished room. You had to go down a floor for the ice. Also the soft drink dispenser (a Pepsi device) with that ice machine only had water and Gatorade-type drinks – it was outside the gym. So you needed to go back to the lobby for a coke. My room was at the rear of the complex, so it was a bit of a nuisance.

The items I didn't like were small, so if the price was right, I would return. There is a Marriott Courtyard nearby as well as a Hampton Inn a bit further. I suppose whichever one had the best Government rate would get me. But then, this place had more character than those cloned hotels. And the breakfast would be better.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Mr G
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed here for six nights in a suite with an adjoining room for our son and grand daughter. I cannot say enough good things about the convenience, spaciousness, housekeeping, and front desk staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family