“Kicked out upon arrival”

Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am a business traveller and Hilton Gold member. When I arrived, the front desk clerk told me they could not honor my reservation because a group had decided to extend their stay. They booked me a room at a Country Inn down the road and told me they would comp my room. As a business traveller, the comp room wasn't a priority, and I couldn't believe they actually gave my room away. Really made me feel that I was a low priority. Not sure why they couldn't have told the other guests they were sold out for tonight. I won't be back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DanT73
HISBurlington, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

We apologize for the inconviences that you had at our property. We understand how this might have an impact on future decisions to stay at other Hampton Inns. There are certain factors that we have no control over such as computer error, etc. That make mistakes and unfortunately the guest is the one that has to reap the actions. We again tried to make your visit to the area as smooth as possible by booking you a room at a Country Inn down the road and comping it. We again apologize for the situation that happened. We appreciate your loyality as a HHonors member.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Very clean, great for business travel. Included breakfast buffet is a huge bonus. Free internet and access to the business center for other needs for work came in handy. Large walk-in showers in the bathrooms.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I travel to Burlington every few weeks for work and I keep coming back to this specific hotel because of the staff. The people who work the front desk are really awesome - They are always so welcoming and accommodating - they genuinely seem happy to be there and have always done everything they could to make my stay pleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel. OH, AND the breakfast is super yummy, fresh and hot. Also, the ladies who work the breakfast do a great job of keeping things refreshed and clean and they are SUPER friendly.

1  Thank Elise H

Thank you for posting your feedback. We are glad that you had a wonderful experinence at our property. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times and have never been disappointed. Our last room, a two queen bed suite, was gigantic! Our rooms have always been extremely clean with very comfortable beds. The complimentary breakfast is probably the best we have seen when we travel to hotels with this perk. The front desk staff is very efficient and courteous. The breakfast area staff is always super happy in the morning and accommodating everyone's needs. It is within a short walk (2 minutes) to Outback Steakhouse if you are too tired to go back out to eat. Great location for all who have children at Elon University.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your feedback. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of all of our amenities during your stay. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel is new, and very clean and the staff was exceptionally helpful and kind. I recommend this hotel. The Breakfast was perfect and affordable (free). When in Burlington, stay here for business or pleasure. Rooms are very large

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was attending an athletic event at Elon University. This hotel is conveniently located to the college as well as multiple food options. The Outback restaurant is in front of the hotel. The only drawback is that it does not stay open very late.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for posting your feedback. We look forward to your return in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recommend to everyone the Hampton Inn in Burlington, N.C. Staff was very friendly and the quality and condition of the room was better than places I've stayed at for three times the price. My expectations were exceeded and made for a pleasurable trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for posting your feedback. We are glad that you were able to make your stay a pleasant one.