“Perfect describes my experience here!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
ROANOKE
“Perfect describes my experience here!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

From arrival to departure everything about this Hampton was just perfect. I was impressed with everything from the staff to the room to the breakfast. I could see the same look of contentment in other people as well.

Everyone seemed so satisfied.

Room Tip: I can only imagine that all of the rooms here are good. Road noise is not a problem because of the w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HISBurlington, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback. We are glad to hear that your stay at our hotel was "PERFECT"!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were in town to visit Elon University and selected this hotel based on both the reviews and our past experience with Hampton Inns. We were not disappointed. In fact, this is probably the nicest Hampton Inn we've stayed at. The hotel was clean and looked in great shape. Also, the front desk provided excellent customer service. One thing though, the exercise room is small with a few pieces of equipment. So, if you are a dedicated gym person, you may want to seek alternative exercise venues, say, if your gym has aggreements with places in the area, etc. Also, suggest sani-wipes be placed in the exercise room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding our fitness center. We are affiliated with a local gym (RUSH Fitness). We also do stock sanitation wipes in the fitness center.... I apologize that these weren't stocked during your stay.
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We just returned from a stay at this hotel. It had been recommended by friends with students at Elon, and they didn't lead me astray. Location is easy to get to off of highway, with several restaurants nearby. We ate at Prego italian restaurant, about a one mile drive down the road. it didn't look like much from the outside (maybe it used to be a pizza hut) - but it was adorable inside, and the food was great. The owner/chef was on hand to greet us and make sure everything was to our liking.
The hotel was a short drive away from Elon, and coulnd't have been cleaner. The lobby was very attractive and breakfast was great. So convenient, and the hot items were very good. If I had to go to the area again, I would stay here for sure.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found our hotel very clean. We hope to see you again in the future.
va beach
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am very picky about hotels- carpet, bathrooms, room furniture, lobby, outside appearance and amount of wear and tear on furniture matter to me. I knew Burlington was a small town so I had every intention on being selective. We were pleased with our Hampton Inn choice. A bit pricey for a small town hotel; however, the room and carpet were clean, bathroom looked pretty good and no major wear and tear. The continental breakfast was an added bonus and the food selection was quite nice. The only amenity missing was a fridge in the room. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I gave it a very good value because we didn't have to buy breakfast elsewhere. If it were not fo...
1 Thank jtetter
Thank you for posting your feedback. We're glad that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately all of our rooms are not equipped with microwaves and refridgerators, however all of our suites are.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here last weekend for an event at Elon University. Hotel is conveniently located. I'm a regular at Hamptons and this is a nice Hampton property. We did have a few problems in the service area, however. We called less than an hour before arrival and made a reservation. By the time we arrived, the front desk clerk had lost the reservation and had to redo it. Generally not a big problem except it was about 1:00 in the morning and it turned a usual 3 minute check-in process into a 10 minute hassle. They were sold out of double rooms, so we got a king suite with a pullout sofa. The pullout is a joke - it's just barely large enough for a small child. It is not fit for an adult to sleep on. We were given a room next to the elevator shaft on the top floor and there is a constant whine that's very audible and very annoying. Ask for a room away from the elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I apologize that we weren't able to accomodate you with the type of room you needed. Thank you for letting us know as this helps us to improve in areas where we fall short.
Mullica Hill, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel was nice, clean and modern. The free breakfast was fresh with a lot of choices. The staff greeted us each time we came into the hotel. I was very pleased with hotel.

The only thing that would have made it better would be a small fridge in the room.

Will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your feedback. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do have upgraded rooms that have microwave and refridgerators as well.
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I often travel throughout the year on I -85 and from time to time I get tired Along the way and take a needed Pit Stop for the night. And this time In my battle against fatigue Burlington NC became my newest never been to Destination. I must admit everything from the appearance of the hotel to the pleasant personnel at the Front desk Put a smile on my face. But when I got to my room... Wow I really liked the layout Instead of your average Rectangular room That can be somewhat Narrow especially navigating between the bed and television area. But at Hampton the studio Room gives you more living space in the room. I also enjoyed the shower which was Floor-to-ceiling type instead of your contemporary bath tub shower/ combination Which was pretty Roomy even for big guy like me at 6'1 /310 pounds (Sorry that last statement I guess that was need to know information and it wasn't needed to be known) Lol. Guess I just enjoyed my hotel stay so much. I have been to some Dumps and some pretty nice places and I have to say this place is definitely an A. :-) the only thing the room didn't have was a fridge /microwave which I think is much-needed.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see ou again in the future.