“Ummm... in barbeque country, you've got to bring it”
Review of Tickle My Ribs

Tickle My Ribs
Ranked #14 of 226 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This area knows its pit-cooked pork barbeque. Its the land of Hursey's BBQ... and other really good, cooked-it-all-night BBQ legacies such as Huey's, A&M, J&G, etc. So, when this place had signage and a newspaper story (pre-opening) that said they offered Lexington-style, Eastern NC style, AND South Carolina Mustard-based BBQ - understandably they created some pretty good buzz. But alas, when trying to order a combo plate to sample all three (on grand opening day) - we were told that they only have 1 kind of pork BBQ and three sauces (Lex, ENC, & mustard) to squirt on it. What??? I don't even know what to say about that... Anyway, we switched up to a BBQ plate and Brunswick Stew. Mediocre, so-so at best. I think they are trying hard - the restaurant looks clean and fresh. But the jury is out on what flies as exceptional "BBQ" in a BBQ savvy community. So far, they are lacking.

3  Thank Ed M

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Being back in elon for school I was looking for a good bbq restaurant to eat. I found T.M.R I placed a togo order one it took for ever the price was way to high. They forgot my hush puppies the bbq tasted like hospital food. The sauce they gave me was to tangy. I couldn't eat it. Was very disappointed.

3  Thank Brattanna
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

BBQ brisket was unimpressive and wasn't sliced but pulled. Order taker was a little dingy. Sauces were great.

1  Thank dmorgan28202
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I wanted to try this new BBQ place, so I walked not knowing if I was supposed sit down or go to the cashier. So I asked, then told me to order then I should sit. I told them I wanted honey BBQ wings w/ fries. They made it a meal. I told the stupid cashier I wanted to try their banana pudding as well. She gave me the price. I paid with a debit card, and she still ask for ID. I went and got my drink and sat down w/ my pig number to place on the table. We were served in 10 min. I noticed I didn't get my banana pudding. Went to the cashier and told her I didn't get my banana pudding. She picked up one for me and asked me if I wanted whip cream. I said yes, she then gave it to me. I went to my table. Shortly she came to my table asked for money. I said what! I told I already paid. She said it wasn't charged. (Really) at this point I became anger at this place, and then the country music was annoying! Not a great place for African Americans! And the fries are nasty!

1  Thank 40Wbiracialsoldier
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is great. It is very clean and they have different sauces from different parts of the Carolinas which is pretty cool. The bbq is good also and in my opinion is better than other local restaurants which claim to be the best in the area.