“Permit me to determine how much or how little I should consume!”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #105 of 225 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Portions waaaaay too small compared to price(s) on menu. At some point one realizes that they're being "ripped off". I reached that conviction the last time I visited the Durham, NC location.

1  Thank JEDhbo96

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Two of us arrived a little before 6 p.m. We were only visiting in Burlington and Applebee's was very close to our motel. It is located in a Walmart shopping center just off the interstate and must have been there many years. The decor is tired and a bit shabby.
To be fair, we had an excellent young waiter and received excellent service. The food was acceptable and much like other Applebee's. Although the place was almost empty when we arrived, it was filling up quickly as we left.
Given the number of other choices in the area, I would probably not return just because of the apparent lack of care and concern of the property by the ownership.

1  Thank Smith58z
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Applebee's in Burlington did NOT rock my world tonight. This was our first and last time ever going there or to any Applebee's restaurant. We arrived shortly before 5pm. Their restaurant was only 1/4 full and we were the only people in the guest waiting area. We had to wait 5 minutes before anyone noticed we were there. We were seated and no one came to wait on us. A waiter finally came and said, "So sorry. Brooke is your waitress she'll be right with you. I'll go get your drinks." Well ... Brooke never came. I finally caught the attention of a manager about 15 minutes after our drinks came and he took our order. Then, our appetizer never came. Our entree's came about 30 minutes later and no one knew where our appetizer was. Well, with our entree's already in front of us, we just told them to forget the appetizer. After entree's (which were pretty sucky), I order a Chocolate Mousse shooter. The waiter brought back a Hot Fudge Sundae shooter. Instead of bringing me the right dessert. He argued with me that the Hot Fudge Sundae and Chocolate Mousse were the same thing! Even looking at the menu and politely reading through the differences between the two with him, he still said they were the same and they clearly were not and are not the same at any other Applebee's. I left crying I was so disappointed and angry.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Pleasant experience and my daughter left diaper bag. They held for two weeks until we got back through area. Nothing touched.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I went in to have dinner, ordered a Sirloin with Brocilli and Potato. The steak was TOUGH!! The brocilli was over Microwaved and the potato was the same way. When brought to waitresses attention, she promised to send manager over. 15 minutes later he came over and said he was sorry and walked away. I WON"T GO BACK TO THIS LOCATION AGAIN!!!

1  Thank ChrissysBluMoon