“Great food, service and setting” 5 of 5 bubbles

Stokely's BBQ
Ranked #13 of 218 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Family atmosphere dining, great for families with children, Serving BBQ, Seafood & Ribs along with family style meals. Beer and Wine Menu. Take-out & Catering
“Great food, service and setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Super sweet staff, great great food and fair price! Family of four ate full meals...everyone happy and wallet not empty!

• Visited June 2014

Greensboro, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful new BBQ restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is one of the best barbeque restaurant's I have ever experienced. With being a BBQ lover I really enjoyed the hushpuppy's brought before even ordering our meal! I really enjoyed the variety of sauces for alll BBQ sandwiches. The meat was very good and the small sandwich was so much more than I imagined for the price! Wonderful service and wonderful sweet ice tea! The desserts are wonderful and you can tell the owner (Eric) puts his heart into all of his cooking! I will be back there soon!

• Visited April 2014
bluegrass state
“Pleasant surprise!! Searched for BBQ ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Came in off I-40 in Burlingtin for a good BBQ restaurant. Looked on trip advisor & found this place. We actually went to Hurseys but was closed on Sunday. Very small restaurant kinds hard to find. It was in a shopping center beside Food Lion grocery store. You will need to look closely for it.
We started with deep fried sour cream stuffed mushrooms. Huge & delicious. With a horseradish dipping sauce. You could just order that with a salad for a meal.
So glad we got these. Next was the star attraction the BBQ. It was pulled pork smoked nicely. No sauces on it. You can decide between three sauces.
East: vinegar & red pepper, very spicy.
Lexington: medium vinegar sauce
Third cant remember name was thicker & sweet BBQ sauce.
My favorite was the Lexington.
It came with 3 sides. I got cole slaw the creamy kind , squash & onions stewed & fries. Fries were dusted with seasonings. Very tasty sides. They do bring hush puppies to the table with butter. Good & sweet. No dessert.
My bill was $10.80 with tip.
Would go back if close to the area.

2 Thank phislamajama
Gibsonville, North Carolina
“Leaves much to be desired for NC BBQ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We are BBQ enthusiasts and travel widely to sample bbq across many states. After a couple of tries at Stokely's, we likely will not go back. While the size of the chop is pretty good, the meat is a bit dry and lacks flavor. There is just a sense of chopped meat but nothing that makes a statement as far as bbq goes. We also tried their chicken sandwich and when we opened the sandwich the inside of the bun was oily and distinctly yellow, the chicken was a yellowish color as well. It tasted bland as well. Most BBQ restaurants that stand out focus on BBQ. Stokely's has an enormous menu featuring all kinds of food, and they carry several beers and have wine selections. I think the broad array of entrees gets in the way of focusing on making good BBQ. The folks are very friendly and the place is inviting, but we just don't feel the BBQ is very good. We rate BBQ by how far we'd drive to get a sandwich, and while there are definitely some 100+ mile BBQ places, for us Stokely's has only a one mile sandwich. Disappointing.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chris K
Greensboro
“Back for more - Great as always Thanks Stokely`s”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I were in again and decided to switch things up. I was in the mood for ribs and my wife wanted to try the seafood. The ribs were amazing and the Oyster Po-boy my wife loved. The staff was great as well. Keep doing what you do Stokely`s BBQ we love ya!

• Visited March 2014