“Food from N'Awleans, Jazz from Nuh Yawk”
Review of Jazebel's Jazz Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jazebel's Jazz Bistro
Reviewed July 12, 2012

If you're in the area that includes the cities of Raleigh, Durham, or Greensboro, North Carolina, I urge you to give yourself and your friends a special treat by visiting Jazebel's Jazz Bistro in Burlington. It's about a half-hour from each of those cities, but well worth the drive (easy on I-40).
As you enter and are seated by the friendly hostess, you notice that the decor boldly states what's in store for you this evening - jazz very well executed. I felt like I was stepping into an intimate hot spot on a side street near Bourbon & Canal.
Appetizers include Catfish Beignet and Fried Green Tomatoes. I had Shrimp Gumbo - the real deal! For our entrees, we chose Chicken Jambalaya and Shrimp Etoufee. They made our mouths water like the Delta after a heavy rain. Seriously -- they were terrific. Gourmet desserts are available in the unlikely event you have room for one.
Near the end of our meal, a musician began a string of jazz standards. You could call him a piano player. You could also call Derek Jeeter a baseball player, but both would be gross understatements. Alan Stoumen caressed the baby grand in a set that would have fit right in on NPR's Piano Jazz.
This review may seem a little overstated, but trust me; like the gumbo at Jazebel's - it's the real deal.