“Mediocre at Best”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Burlington, NC
“Mediocre at Best”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Service was slow. Food was not hot and had to be returned to the kitchen. Staff did not seem concerned. Would not return.

Visited November 2013

Burlington, North Carolina
“Freezing Cold and Crappy Bartender”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've been here numerous times but not sure I will be back soon. I went in to have a drink and dinner at the bar, as I was alone. It took more than 10 minutes to get acknowledged by one of the two bartenders and then she made no inquiry as to whether I wanted a menu. I stayed just long enough to finish the drink and pay the bill as the place was absolutely freezing on this cold February night. Not sure but there had to be a door open someplace or no heat at all. Disappointed puts it mildly!

• Visited February 2014
NC
“Sashimi tuna is not sushi grade”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

On my fourth visit, ordered the sashimi tuna on bed of salad greens. (Note: I love sushi...nigiri, so not talking about California rolls). The tuna was seared as it should be. I was suspicious at the texture because it looked like pieces of tuna steak, flakey. I took a bite and started to chew and it tasted like non-sushi grade raw fish! That is a horrible taste. (It was fresh so would be good if cooked). Such a let down. I was not in the mood for telling the server so I paid and left a tip and gave myself a tip...don't get that again!!

On previous visits ate shrimp cocktail and maui mahi mahi which are good dishes. Salad bar looks fresh.

I had the fried flounder on first visit and was impressed. Then went back for same dish and was disappointed. Fish was fresh and big for a lunch plate. The second time I tried this dish it lacked flavor...I used tartar sauce to eat about 4 bites to take the hunger edge off...I tried. The chef came out and apologized, schooled us on flounder, and gave us cheesecake. The concerned chef is why I returned along with the good atmosphere, live entertainment, and drinks. I will go back but will not go starving and stick with shrimp cocktail and a cocktail.

• Visited April 2014
Toms River, NJ
“Wow!!!!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We had 3 meals there. The menu had a lot of choices and was priced great. The food tasted great and so was the presentation. The staff was very helpful with questioned asked about how the food was prepared and ingredients. The dessert menu was to die for. The skilket chocolate chip cookie and the creme brulee with Godiva chocolates great.

1 Thank slengyeljr
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Perfect anniversary lunch!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary, and it was very nice. There were several menu items that I wanted to try because the combinations sounded so good. We were both very happy with our selections, but the highlight was the creme brûlée we had for dessert. It was awesome.

1 Thank Jennifer T