“Upscale dining”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

A really nice upscale restaurant. Excellent salad bar. If you're there for lunch they have really excellent sandwiches and dinner menu has great selections for steaks and seafood. Staff is always courteous. Always seated quickly and very professional.

There are newer reviews for Grill 5.8.4

Reviewed January 9, 2014

With a reservation for the Burlington Best Western, we were pleasantly surprised to find Grill 584 adjacent to and even with a connecting entrance from the hotel lobby. This brought our search for dinner for our one-night stay in Burlington to an immediate halt.

I found Grill 584 to be quite upscale, but then I do not know this city. The dining room has a nice décor and wraps around the partially-open kitchen. They offer a nice variety of classic, international and regional dishes. Service was very good and bread is served before ordering.

My wife ordered their special of the day, Thai Curry Chicken Soup and Salad, which she thoroughly enjoyed. I ordered Shrimp and Grits, as you do not see this on most menus. Their version was prepared with spicy smoked sausage and it was very good and filling. Grill 584 is a real plus to the Burlington BW, but easily stands on its own.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I recently made my first visit to Grill 584 and happened to visit at lunch. I had been to this same place, but back before it was named Grill 584.

Since we arrived when the restaurant opened, we were seated quickly and there were no delays. Our server was professional, at first a bit 'all business' but he became much more personable as our visit went by. He adapted to our party and did a good job. Professional but not completely distant as in some finer restaurants.

The food was good. Another in our party ordered the flounder and I wish I had done the same. That being said, what I ordered was also delicious. Dessert was also good but quite rich and filling. Then later I was told the dessert menu mentions they are of a size recommended for sharing. It's all good - I recovered from my indulgence in about an hour.

I didn't get the salad bar but I noticed people carrying salad plates back, and it looked like there was a good variety of quality there. And I do plan to investigate the salad bar on my next visit.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Disappointed. Rib eye special was not good and not cooked correctly. Shrimp was dried out in Shrimp and Grits. No call ahead reservations although the website says there is.

We have been there several times with good results, but not this time.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

The food was delicious and had a nice relaxing and pretty atmosphere. Will definitely go back again.