“Bamboozled!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Burlington
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was a surprisingly disappointing visit. I have stayed at other Microtel hotels in the past and this one failed in comparison. We were held up at the front desk by the clerk answering endless telephone calls before waiting on us. We arrived early so we tried to be patient. The website stated that if we cancel before 4pm there would not be a fee. We were concerned about a strong unidentifiable scent in the hall. The room was small and did not have a Microwave nor a refridgerator (which we requested). The hotel room and laundry (bath towels/mat) was not clean and the air conditioning was noisy. We called down before unpacking-less than 20 minutes after arriving and informed the clerk that we were not comfortable with the hotel room and wanted to leave. She was adamant about charging us for one night stay! SERIOUSLY???!!! After being there less than 20 minutes and attempting to leave before 4 pm and she charged us for a nights stay! Unbelievable...I was uncomfortable allowing my partner to stay there alone so we relocated to another nearby hotel for the remainder of our 3-day stay. WE (nor our affiliates) will never frequent this establishment again...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband & I stayed here one night (9/24/12): double occupancy in a standard queen room for a stop along our way home from vacationing in NJ. We used a "walk-in" coupon from a travel discount book available at a NC Rest stop on I-85, which saved us approx. $10 off the rate listed on Microtel's hotel sign. Our room was clean; bed was comfortable with 4 pillows. Facilities are older. I hope the rooms will undergo renovation since Wyndam Hotels has acquired the remaining Microtel Inns as their budget line. The continental breakfast was limited and included what looked like Hostess brand donuts and cinnamon swirls, along with mini-bagels. Cereal was also available, as was coffee, hot water, tea, OJ, apple juice, bananas. The waffle-machine should be replaced - it looks like the non-stick coating is coming off (I opted not to use because of health concerns about that).

Room Tip: This hotel has smoking AND non-smoking rooms. Be sure to specify your preference. We asked for a non...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This place is dirty. There was a dirty stain in the bathroom and a dirty stain on the sheet. The telephone in the room also filthy. Lightbulbs missing in the hallway. The double bedroom is not micro like the one person room. We stayed for an afternoon to shower but I would have been sad to have to stay overnight. The room sizes were fine for the doubles, as - stated, but the best and only good parts about the hotel besides the nice exterior were, in order: very comfortable pillows, the glade plug ins in the entrance to the lobby, and the refrigerator in the room. A lot of reviewers believed it to be a good value, but at over seventy USD for two adults and one child, I might consider the motel 6 next door if I were looking for a quick value stay again in Burlington.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Dawn V
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The people at the desk are awesome to me every time I stay here. The hotel is clean as are the rooms. Whenever I am near the area, I make sure to stay here. You can't beat the price for this type of quality.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stay here weekly due to work. The best place around! Staff is the best go above to help you. Clean rooms always. Fridges, digital air conditions, and good tv selections!

Do yourself a favor and stay. Even got a elevator for upstairs, vending, and laundry facilities

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Have stayed here several nights a week on business since January, 2012.
Great, friendly staff. They go overboard to make it a pleasant stay every week.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I went on a school trip to help chaperon a group of students competing in the area. The leader of the competition group had found and reserved the three rooms we needed.

As we checked in, we were questioned by one of the front desk workers as to why we reserved the rooms through a third-party site. He went on to explain that if we needed to cancel we wouldn't have been able to through this third-party site (which was not true), and that we should have booked it through their corporate site. It put me off because it came across as a lecture.

We made our way to our rooms, which were smoking rooms. The smoke smell was overwhelming, there were burns on the top of the microwaves, and everything was yellowed with nicotine. We quickly turned on the air conditioner and opened the windows. It made it tolerable, but not pleasant. The beds were hard, and the pillows were almost flat.

The next morning our group went down to breakfast. While the kids were eating, I watched another group staying in the hotel come to the front desk and ask for an extra key. The clerk told them it would be a charge of $10 per key. They were shocked (as was I) and said they would make their two other keys work for the group, and not to issue them another key. We also found out (as another party checked out) that you have to turn the key cards back into the front desk or they would charge you $5 per key. I have traveled a good bit, and I've never had a hotel charge for keys not being turned in.

The combination of all of these things makes me not want to stay in this hotel again, regardless of the fact that the rates are cheap.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family