“Good place to stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 17, 2014

When we travel, our #1 go-to hotel is Country Inns and Suites, therefore, we have accumulated quite a bit of points. It was my birthday weekend and I wanted to get away close but not too close to our town, so Burlington it was. Check-in was a breeze and we were immediately recognized as Club Carlson members. This is a major thing in their customer service department, so when they say it first thing, they clearly know it's important. The lady who checked us in was very friendly and enjoyable to speak with. As we went to our room and opened the door, we definitely we not expecting an apartment! The room was amazing! As you walk in, it's the living space with a sofa bed, then on back is the bedroom which can be closed off with a door. The room temperature is fully controlled by the guest, which I like for many reasons. Very clean space to be in. The fridge and microwave were also very clean and working. There are plenty of outlets in the room also, I mention this because I have stayed in hotels where you need power strips! The pool was lovely, clean, and in a perfect location. The only thing which wasn't up to par based on previous experiences with the hotel was the food. Typically, when you stay with this chain, you think of nice, fluffy waffles and ice cold juice with some sort of meat or meat dish (sausage/gravy). My husband was very disappointed. The waffle mix was not thick enough, the first day there were chicken patties served which were Banquet brand quality, and the eggs... I just don't know what to say about their sunny-side up eggs. The next day was sausage and scrambled eggs, so we thought it would be a better day. The sausage tasted more like it was boiled and the scrambled eggs were runny. The food station wasn't watched as closely as it was at the other chains either. One thing which really blew me away, a mother and her four children came in. The boy, who appeared about 7, was serving himself sausage. He dropped two pieces on the floor and used the tongs to pick them up and throw them away. He went back and dropped sausage yet again (after using the same tongs) and as he dropped the sausage, the attendant came through and saw him do so. He had the tongs very close to the floor, almost touching, but she was more into picking the sausage up than replacing the tongs. I let her know the tongs had touched the floor. She got busy adding things to the station, that she must have forgotten about the tongs. Good thing the breakfast room was closing. I think there should be a rule of mothers fixing their children's plates at that age. Her other little one was coughing and wiping her runny nose and then made herself some juice. None of that completely reflects on the hotel itself, but my main concern would be someone watching the station instead of staying in the back so much as they do at the other hotels in this chain.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
CountrySuites, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon), responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Country Suites. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to remind the breakfast attendant to switch out the tongs should they feel they may have been in contact with the floor.

We look forward to being your host again in the future.

Michael Garner

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon)

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The manager and staff is so courteous, rooms are clean. We had a great time when we were staying there this past weekend (I stayed there previous to this past weekend as well).
When back in the area, I will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Country Suites. The hotel will be replacing the drapes in the fall of the year. I have informed the ownership group about the need to add more blackout fabric to the drapery.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Michael Garner

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed here for the first time when picking daughter up from college. Clean, Comfortable hotel. Could use a few updates. Better blackout curtains for rooms facing the highway. Decent breakfast. Coffee was good.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank N R
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have stayed more than once at this hotel when visiting our daughter at Elon University. The staff is always friendly and knowledgable. Rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. It's right off Interstate 40 and within five minutes drive to a variety of restaurants, movie theater and great shopping. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 411KH37
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Couldn't pick a better place to stay. Micheal had everything organized and ready to roll. Very clean rooms. Breakfast was amazing. The staff was very respectful and nice. Highly recommend this hotel. I will be back for sure next year.
"Golf trip 2014"

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank 45,644
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Michael and his staff again this year went above what I could have ever expected. I have an annual golf trip and this is my 2nd year staying here and I will never go anywhere else unless they will not have my group back lol. Rooms are clean and the service as good as it gets.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scott N
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Staff is great and take care of all your needs. The rooms are clean and big. Good breakfast. if you ever want to take a golf trip with your friends call this hotel and they will take care of you very very well. Couldn't ask for a better time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends