“Watch out for BRANDY”

Holiday Inn Express Burlington
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We staryed at this property last weekend We were part os a group staying there 10 room for a Senior Softball World Series tournament - Upon checking is we encoutnered Beandy front desk clerk she begain by snapping ast us and saying the computer was off the wanted to give us a room we that we were not confirmed into (Our reservation was king no smoke) she told us we had 2 queesn smoking Told her ths was not what our confirmation indicated and were told take it or sgo somewhere else - asked for manager told non here finally she called the general manager CINDEE and told her while we were standing in front of her there's some and the word beging with "B" in front of me demaanding...., when I said something about her comment I was told I ain't talking to you!!! She continued to be rude and finslly I spoke to Cindee and in the end we finally got the room we were confrmed into - NOW Brandy had the stupidity to say to the gm ON THE PHONE That she only got paid $7.00 a rhymes with ducking dollars an hour and she didn't need thisand she didn't say crap - Brandy's lanuage got worse and we quickly found out she knew more 4 - 5 & 6 letter words that a --- Her favorite was of course rimed with duck!! Her attitue and bad launguage continued and a other guest and also members of the team found out the same - The next morning I spoke to the GM Cindee, and was shocked to hear her say I guess I'll have to have ANOTHER talk with her - So it seem apparent she does this ofter. In the 10room our team had housekeeping didn't provide clean towels we had only the towels we didn't use the day prior and they didn't even take out the trash in several rooms One fellow had change on the desk and the housekeeper took it - OK it was change but still???? The shower in our room had black mold & mildew in all the seams and we found mold growing on the bed frame box too 0- Several tema members said that there room were never vacuumed and don't walk on the floor with white socks as they will be balack real soon -- We even for several ROACHED in our room and i was really nice to find several on the dirty towels on the floor.

Frankly the health department needs to go visit this dirty hotel yea, on the surface it looks clean but it IS NOT -- Cutomer service is non existant and Brandy is not the kind of employee one needs as the first impression

HOWEVER,, There was on lady there at the front dest in the mornings JOY and she was a real JOY and she tried hard to undo what had happend in the three days before

Even if this hotel was free it was still costly

I would recommend to stay somewhere else

Even called corporate offices and the GM was to contact me within 72 hours from my complaint and here it is over a week later and NO call

Corporate was also very upset as this rflects badly on the chain of hotels

• Stayed: September 2009
Comfortburl, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2009

As a General Manager at Comfort Inn Burlington,we have quality customer service with our Southern Hospitality.At this time I can say that Brandy is no longer employed at this hotel.I was not here during this incident but no one will ever be treated with disrespect.As you can see on all reviews we are a super friendly staffed hotel.A lot of guest that are repeat guest say it is like coming home when they arrive.We deal with alot of Elon University parents that can only say how great their stay is and has always been.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Burlington

Reviewed August 11, 2008

This hotel is spectacular! The staff is very warm and welcoming, the rooms are beautiful, the pool is gorgeous, and the location is safe and close to everything. The beds are very comfortable! It was hard to wake up in the morning. We stayed three nights and had a trailer with us that was full of some rather expensive items and we didn't have any worries! With IHOP in the parking lot as well as Outback eating was no problem. The free breakfast was also wonderful. Waffles, muffins, bagels! I will certainly go back to this place!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2008

This is a property that is convenient to I-85 and many restaurants & stores. They had undergone a major renovation and the property is very nicely done.
The lobby and rooms are immaculate but I found the room to be very small for 2 people. The beds were a bit on the extra hard side but linens good. There was a lack of electric plugs for computers,etc.
The breakfast was predictable but ok.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2007

On a recent trip north stopped at hotel as we had a discount coupon from a flyer. Would stay there again without hesitation. Great clean room, comfortable bed, really nicely decorated hotel! Wish all Comfort Inn's were like this one!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2007

The Comfort Inn was the only hotel we were able to get a reservation for rooms for the Elon graduation 2007. We called on May 19th 2006. The room was nice and clean. I know there are renovations underway. Everything should be made brighter. The dark coloring does make it seem old.

The staff was great. It was a full house, and we had no trouble with the rooms, the breakfast or checking in or out. We would recommend this good location for any event at Elon.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2007

Another sorority event. This time at my alma mater- ELON U. I have always seen this hotel at the Exit for Homecoming, so I decided to book it.

I was not informed about the Renovations until the reservation reminder approx 4-5 days before my stay. Not sure if they are going to meet the Late may/Early June date of completion, but to say that they are doing MILLIONS of renovation..NAH!!!!!

I called ahead to see if I could check-in early due to the event time
and they accommodated me. I was glad they could assist because it would be a full hotel for the weekend.

I was located on the 4th floor and renovations were everywhere. It looked scary and dark. The walls were stripped with tall crazy lamps in the hallway all day and night. U don't know where your room is located because the signs to direct were gone.

Later some of the walls were done with new wallpaper. If that' s new, I would hate to see the OLD paper. The Carpet is creepy.

RENOVATIONS SHOULD MEAN UPGRADE!!!!!!! U ALL HAVE WORK TO DO!!!!!

They NEED to go inside the rooms as well...The AC unit ran on low. I put the AC on the highest setting. It cooled like it was on the lowest AC setting. the bathroom toilet is very low and the full length mirror should be changed because it seems like someone has kicked the bottom of it.

THE IRON BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER seen a board like this... it doesn't even set-up regularly. The iron itself
tried to steam up. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad I did a pre-iron at home.

I had a King Room w/ Loveseat. Also, a Microwave and Fridge. Those alone were the best things about the room.

Glad it was a one night stay. I would have given 1 star, but the bed, microwave and fridge were very nice to have. The bed was comfortable. Sometimes things are better from afar.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank 804Lady
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 12, 2002

This hotel isn't the best hotel I've ever been in, but it is a great money saver. It includes a continental breakfast. The bathrooms are nice, but lacking hairdryers.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member