“Check in a Nightmare-Everything Else a Dream”

Holiday Inn Express Burlington
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed March 24, 2012

The poor lady at the front desk was overwhelmed. She kept trying to over compensate to placate everyone in line, just making check-in for each person take that much longer. A second employee was needed-badly.
After waiting at least 10 minutes to check in, we went to our room and everything was perfect. The executive king room was large, clean and nicely decorated. Nice mattress and nice bathroom amenities. Breakfast was good.

My husband and I stayed in 3 motels northbound and southbound on a vacation in FL. Burlington was the only city where we encountered rude, impatient people. What happened to southern charm?

Room Tip: Don't eat at the nearby seafood restaurant-bad service, bad food
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue in reho K
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Burlington

Reviewed March 23, 2012

The staff is very friendly, however not very trained. I was asked for my Credit Card for Inexpenses (movies and etc) and was charged for my hotel stay. The area manager was even walking there trainee through the process and said i would not be charged. Yet, i was charged twice for 1 night and had to wait 5 days to repost, when all he had to do was acknowledge i was due a refund to my credit card company. Instead, he told me to wait. Very disrespectful and inconvenient. The breakfast options are good, but if you get there around 8 or 830, the food is cold due to its just sitting in a glass container with no heat. The rooms are very comfortable, i stayed in the King suite, very good hotel room compared to Hampton and there prices are very reasonable. Besides the food and my over charge to my credit card due to lack of training, i was satisfied. Great location with alot of places within 10miles or less.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear BurntUp,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to leave a review. I am happy you enjoyed our facilities. I am sorry about the problems encountered with the billing on your credit card. I'm glad to hear it was resolved.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I travel all over the US for business and I am in hotels 40 weeks out of 52. I have stayed in many different hotels on many different price levels. With this being said I would like to say this hotel is by far the best I have ever stayed in. For starters the staff was the most helpful and willing to please. The rooms are brand new!!! I was able to get the best sleep I have had in months. The exercise room was by far the largest that I have had the oppurtunity to experience. Breakfast was fresh, hot, & a great way to start the day. Oh and did I mention 2 elevators. I have stayed at the Hampton, Courtyard, Country Inn & Best Western on this exit. The others were ok with the exception of the mold at Best Western. But if you come to the Burlington area make sure you stay at the Holiday Inn Express exit 141.

Room Tip: The spacious King Room makes you feel right at home.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I booked this hotel on priority club and it turned out to be a good location. It is very close to lots of good food, and the location is just off I-40 on the access road behind the IHOP. When I checked in the front desk receptionist had three call going on when she got to me she gave me room that had not been made up. I had to carry my luggage back down stairs and tell her that, she gave me a platinum club room for my inconvience and it was a very nice room. No complaints with the hotel or the staff, it was clean and upgrades have been well done. Breakfast was standard Holiday inn Breakfast, the eating area was clean and there was plenty of food and coffee.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I've stayed in 3 hotels within a one mile radius in Burlington. This Holiday Inn Express is totally acceptable, and if my preferred Burlington hotel was booked up, I would stay here again. Really, I'd give this a hotel a rating of 3-and-a-HALF stars!

The rooms and lobby are indeed extensively renovated, but there was a lack of attention to detail. For example, as you can see from my photos, the AC/Heating unit in the room was filthy dirty (you could see everything from paint chips and dust balls to a metal screw in the vent!) and there was white paint dried on the carpet. From the window of our room, you could clearly see that their sewer had flooded their parking lot, and had not been adequately cleaned up. I've included a photo of the toilet-paper strewn parking lot.

However, the room was clean. The breakfast was indeed free and good quality. The bathroom was small, but mostly updated...except the shower/tub was obviously NOT new/updated. The staff was nice enough--they allowed me to check out a bit late, AND I really like their checkout policy--just leave the keys in the room and exit! Easy peasy.

The microwave and refrigerator in the room are also a nice touch.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

This property used to be a comfort inn but after an extensive renovation they are now a holiday inn express. New beds, furniture, flat screens...beautiful job...huge exercise room and breakfast area. Great for the value and right off the highway....nice staff too!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Tip: GO HERE! This is by FAR the nicest Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed in and probably one of the top 20 hotels that I have stayed in ever (I've traveled all over the world in some classy and some budget). First of all you, cannot beat the services offered. The staff is top-notch friendly, rooms clean, classy and comfortable, fast wi-fi in rooms and lobby as well s a business center, and HELLO breakfast! It's hot and it's delicious! I even recieved a visit from the manager while I munched on my pancakes. He just stopped by to check that I was enjoying my stay.

The only tip I would give to anyone looking for the BEST on a budget is to pick up one of the NC hotel cupon savers across the way at the IHOP. (The green magazines at the front entrance)During my stay there was a cupon that saved me about 40 bucks!

Room Tip: Get a green hotel saver magazine across the way at the IHOP for a cupon. I saved a stack by clipping...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
cchattmon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

We appreciate your comment. We pride ourselves in service and cleanliness. I will share this comment with my team as an encouragement of the quality of service they are potraying. Thanks again and see you on the next trip.