“Great Place Excellent Service.”

Holiday Inn Express Burlington
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Great Place Excellent Service.”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed here and was overwhelm by the service I recieved. The rooms were very clean and breakfast was great. The entire staff was helpful and they were having fun. The general manager was engaged with the staff, he was working with the staff, that impress me. Great place. Good price.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Misstydawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I guess you get what you pay for! Really wish I would have shopped around! I only stayed one night but the morning i left i found roached running across the carpet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
georgia
Reviewed July 2, 2011

When I arrived at this Comfort Inn, I found that it will soon become a Holiday Inn Express. Major renovation was in progress. When I arrived at my room my key would not work. I had to summon the desk clerk to open the door. There was a strong chemical odor in the room. I asked for a different room and was told that none were available. So I left because I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep with that strong odor. The hotel should have been closed until the renovations were completed and then they could hold a grand reopening.

Room Tip: check that renovations are completed
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
SC
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I suppose pricewise it is average. The hotel was old but they were remodeling it while we were there. I didn't hear any construction noise during my stay so that was good. Breakfast had a good variety. Service was fast and friendly. The room was old and small. There was no closet, just a cabinet closet in the room. But everything worked and I didn't have any problems while I was there. It is right off the interstate, a little tricky to turn into but convenient.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Maryland
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Using the address given on the Comfort Inn/Choice hotels website takes you to a random house in the countryside. The hotel has not moved but the relevant streets have been renamed -more than a year ago, so you'd think that Choice could update the website - but just call the hotel itself and they will give you the correct address. Happens every day, the front desk clerk told us. Otherwise, very clean, quiet, comfortable. Complaints: Mattress could be firmer; tepid coffee in the lobby in mid-afternoon - but otherwise, very good, would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Great location, good food is close and it was quiet. Didn't stay for breakfast since there is an IHOP across the parking lot. Overall next time I am in Burlington I will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Wheelersburg, Ohio
Reviewed January 29, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at this Comfort Inn although the desk clerk said that it will become a Holiday Inn in a couple of months. This was a concern for another family member who participates in the Choice Hotels rewards program and has stayed at this hotel many times. We were only in town to attend an event at nearby Elon University but there were many places to eat and shop nearby.

My bed was very comfortable and the WiFi worked without a problem. There were two computers in the lobby for guests to use if needed. My only complaint was that the inside of the door to the bathroom was streaked with dirt. The rest of the room and hotel seemed very clean.

The complimentary waffle breakfast included pastries, muffins, cheese cubes, cereal, fresh fruit, juices, milk, hot tea, and coffee. I would have like to have seen more protein offered but the breakfast was what it was advertised to be. The staff was very friendly and eager to please. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family