“Don't Do It!”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Don't Do It!”
Reviewed March 4, 2007

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I tried numerous times to give this property the benefit of the doubt, but things just kept going from bad to worse.

We checked in very late and had a great experience with the night auditor. She was very nice and helpful even though it was 2:00am. I also found out that their internet was down indefinitely. Not good when you have work to do. We then drove around back to park and there was a group of very unsavory young adults who were doing god knows what in the parking lot. Not a good feeling...and it warranted a trip arm of the car alarm! When we got to the room it was a typical low budget hotel room, but it had a very musty old odor. We didn't care though since all we wanted to do was sleep.

In the morning I woke to find that there was no hot water, and the tub was clogged. Yes I know this happens, but then odd chunks of black stuff started coming up out of the drain. This is the first time I went to the front desk. Maintenance came and fixed it and the hot water finally arrived after about an hour. After two rushed showers we ran down to the complimentary breakfast only to find that the staff was going through the buffet and it was not going to be replenished. Nice right?!

We left for the day and came back around 3:30 to take a nap before dinner. Just as we were starting to doze off I heard the strangest noise coming from the bathroom. The ceiling was not just leaking, but chunks of the ceiling were caving in. Second trip to the front desk. I asked them to move our room and was propmtly told that I should have already been checked out even though I booked two nights. Yeah...real organized right?! We finally moved rooms and left the next morning. Luckily they comp-ed both nights at the hotel which was the only good thing about the weekend.

I work in the hotel industry and have for years, and I am overly forgiving with all levels of service from low budget to luxury, but I will never stay or receommend this hotel to anyone. There is a lovely Best Western that my sister's softball team was staying at just down the road that has been newly renovated and is just lovely. Stay there!

• Liked — Front desk staff
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2005

I would not return to this hotel for a number of reasons. First of all the rooms are in total disrepair not to mention completely outdated. I had two rooms that connected and they were completely different looking, but equally as ugly. Not very clean with toothpaste stuck on the counter in the bathroom and water stains on the ceilings. Some rooms open on the inside and some open to the outside. We had rooms on the first floor that opened outside. The front desk person brought her kid with her to work and sat down the whole time even if you went to the front desk to ask a question. She was in a uniform for a grocery store (maybe her second job or something) and she didn't look very clean along with the rest of the hotel. To me this place is hard to describe. I got a very strange feeling staying there... kind of creepy for some reason.

• Stayed October 2004, traveled on business
8 Thank wgt1984

Travelers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Reviewed January 2, 2005

Stayed one night in July 2004 as a halfway house between Atlanta and Arlington. This was an adequate stopover with a lovely pool area. The cooked complimentary breakfast was fine.

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank UK_Manchester
Travelers also viewed these Burlington hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Burlington
Best Western Plus Burlington
Best Western Plus Burlington
#5 of 15 in Burlington
Drury Inn & Suites Burlington
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Burlington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon)

Been to Ramada Burlington Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Burlington Hotel & Conference Center

Property: Ramada Burlington Hotel & Conference Center
Address: 2703 Ramada Rd, I-85 at Highway 62 Exit 143, Burlington, NC 27215-5474
Location: United States > North Carolina > Burlington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Business Hotel in Burlington
Hotel Class:2 star — Ramada Burlington Hotel & Conference Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Wyndham, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Burlington Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Burlington Hotel Burlington