“Good, real Italian food”

Little Italy Pizza & Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 219 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurant DescriptionWelcome to Little Italy Pizza & Italian Restaurant. Located conveniently off of I-40 in University Commons Shopping Center, this family friendly restaurant is your place for authentic Italian cuisine.Head Chef/Owner Gino Carannante and his wife Lisa's passion for good food inspired the opening of Little Italy Pizza & Italian Restaurant in Burlington in 2007. In his home country of Italy, the art of cooking is a tradition. In fact, Gino's first cooking lessons were times spent as a kid observing his mother while she busily prepared food in the kitchen for the family. It was the same philosophy and long standing appreciation for technique and flavor that he puts into each dish they serve.We are very well known for the superior quality of our pizza, calzones and strombolis. We also serve a variety of subs and Philly cheese steaks. But, our customers also love our homemade lasagna, chicken parmesan and fettuccini Alfredo.At Little Italy, we make sure that each customer feels at home, just like family! This sense of family is what distinguishes us from other business in our area. Our restaurant is one of the few family owned and operated Italian restaurants in Burlington, not to mention by a true Italian chef.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good, real Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Tried this restaurant when it first opened and have been going back for years. After having actually traveled to Italy and tasted real Italian food, Little Italy is as good as it gets in Burlington. I've had several different dishes including the eggplant parmesan (my favorite) and their pizza and have enjoyed it every time. If you want a real taste of Italy, I highly recommend Little Italy!

• Visited June 2013

Burlington, NC
“Ok, has went downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

When this restaurant first opened, the food and service were the best around. The owner was friendly and seemed to actually care about your experience. However, the last few times I have been this has not been the case!

I met a friend there for lunch. I ordered a special that had tilapia, calamari and shrimp over pasta with a lemon butter sauce for 13.95. My friend wanted the baked ziti from the lunch menu that cost $6.99 and does not include a salad, but noticed it was no longer listed on the lunch specials menu. So she asked the waiter if she could still get it and he told her only if she ordered the supper portion for 10.65 & it came with a salad. So she ordered that but said she didn't want the salad, could she get something in place of it or have a little off of the price, he said no, so she got it, although She only ate a couple of bites of it. When the food came out it was JUST OK and in serious need of seasoning and the sauces were very watery, nowhere near the succulent sauces we were accustomed to from Little Italy.

When it came time to check out, the cashier rang up the lunch special for my friends ziti and then realized she had a salad and changed it to the dinner portion. When we inquired about it, she said you could still get the lunch special, it just isn't on the menu but b/c of the salad she couldn't ring it up that way. We told her what the server had said and expressed that the salad wasn't even wanted and was barely touched and her attitude was "Oh Well, you got it you bought it" even though it was their mistake. Very poor customer service!!!! The owner was standing behind her and made absolutely no effort to provide explanation, discount, apology or nothing!

I will not return!!!

2 Thank Barbara P
Atlanta, Georgia
“Real food by the interstate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

This restaurant is located in a busy shopping complex at exit 140 on I-40 in Burlington NC. I enjoyed a bowl of very very good chicken, spinach, potato, onion, soup with Italian spices and a delicious yeast wedge shaped roll. Other patrons were eating large Pizza dishes and Italian specialties. The menu is diverse and this was a quiet pleasant change from your interstate chain restaurants.

• Visited July 2012
Pleasant Garden, North Carolina
“The pizza was pretty good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Found this place while leaving the parking lot. Decided to give it a try next time we were in town. We shared a pizza which was good. The server was able to recommend a wine and provided some tastings for me to decide. It was quite and clean and the service was quick. It sure beat the Olive Garden across the highway. All in all it was pretty good and we would return.

Visited February 2012
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“gross.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Wow, I knew I was in for trouble when I rolled up to this place as a last resort. All the chain places were slammed on a saturday night so I fell back on this place and I noticed it was only half full and I recognized that if it was any good at all, it would have caught overflow people like me and become their first option as opposed to a last resort. At this point I knew what I was getting into and went in anyway. The place is too well lit. The design is garbage. The booths look like they are from 1974. The waitress was rarely seen. I saw that 2 of the 3 specials were Salmon and I figured thatt was because the fish was about to go bad. So I went with special #3, spinach ravioli. My girl had cheese ravioli. We were treated to a big iceberg lettuce salad with watery italiian dressing and bread that was difficult to eat. Not in a good way, but heavy and dense. The real problem though was the entree. The "mushroom gravy" or whatever they called it looked vomitous and only tasted slightly better. The plate was covered and the ravioli hidden under a gray sauce that was the color of wet cement. I can't believe they served it with a straight face. I ate the majority of the meal due to my hostage level hunger. Luckily the portion was skimpy. Same with my girls frozen cheeze ravioli. So now we are out $40 and had probably the worst dining experience possible. Next time I will wait the 25 mins at Red Bowl or Olive Garden. This place was terrible.

• Visited February 2012