“Pumpkin Prowl at the Conservators' Center.”

Conservators Center
Ranked #1 of 28 things to do in Burlington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Have you ever looked a tiger in the eye? Felt the whole-body impact of lions roaring? Watched wolves romp through the woods? These and other once-in-a-lifetime experiences are possible at the Conservators' Center, a wildlife conservancy for more than 80 animals. An "oofing" at the Conservators' Center is an experience you'll have to feel to believe. It's the earth-shaking sound our lion prides make when they roar to one another. Our guides call to them on every tour, and you may have the opportunity to hear them from as close as 5 feet away! You'll also get up close and personal with tigers, leopards, wolves, lemurs, binturongs, and other exotic species. Tours, adoptions, memberships, and other donations support our work, so every visit from you helps us help them. Tours are held every weekend as well as some holidays. We have private experiences and field trips during the week. RESERVATIONS REQUIRED! PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO GET A RESERVATION FOR YOUR TOUR!
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The Pumpkin Prowl at the Conservators' Center was magnificent! The facility is very will cared for, for both humans and animals! The volunteers are very friendly and knowledgable about all of the cats and other species. The animals themselves are beautiful, agile, graceful, and can really put on a show. Worth a visit to this terrific place! Even had a food truck on site to complete the event. Will go again!

1  Thank Barbara C
Mandy M, Director of Communications at Conservators Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

It's wonderful to hear you had such a good time. The food truck was one of our new additions this year, and we've been pleased by our visitors' reactions to them. We hope you return for a future event; they just keep getting better as we learn what works best, and get helpful feedback from our visitors.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

For sure the best experience we ever had with any type of zoo related locations. We had a wonderful time and learned so much. Really worth every pennies. Like it so much we might volunteer. Animals are so well cared for and not treated like a piece in display Their needs are meet by wonderful and caring staff and volunteers.

2  Thank Sylvain J
Mandy M, Director of Communications at Conservators Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

I'm so pleased to learn you had such a good time you're considering joining our community! Our volunteers are key to everything we do for our animal residents. Here is a link to more information about volunteering at the Conservators' Center: http://www.conservatorscenter.org/how-to-help/become-a-volunteer/ Whether or not you decide to volunteer, we hope you'll come back for another visit, and tell others about us. Every visitor helps support our marvelous residents.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you have a family and love animals, this is a must see facility. I wasn't sure what to expect, put the tour was outstanding. Our tour guide was extremely knowledge and provide plenty of information about the animal and species. I tour was well over 2 hours. Nothing like hearing a wolf howl or a lion roar. If I lived closer, I would definitely want to volunteer here. You need to make reservations so visit their website and take a trip worth the time and money.

2  Thank ltownwrangler
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I did not know what to expect...boy, was I so pleasantly surprised! The tour was exceptional. Megan, our tour guide, was extremely knowledgable and provided us with a true education of the animals and the conservatory. I loved every minute of it. It lasted an hour longer than expected and I was so glad it did. I could have stayed for another several hours! I especially loved when Megan called the lions who responded with very LOUD roars (tv shows do not do them justice). Thank you, Megan for a trip worth while. I intend to return.

2  Thank Marijane A
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Took the Family Adventure Tour at twilight guided by Megan. She was knowledgable, funny, entertaining, and fun....and boy can she howl like a wolf not to mention huff like a lion! The tour included watching the animals get treats and was extended beyond its 1 1/2 hour limit - we were not rushed and she took time to answer questions and allow us to take our time viewing the animals. The animals are magnificent and the experience is so different from seeing these animals in a zoo- you are so close you can count the spots in the spots.

Their website advises to wear comfortable shoes and this is well advised. I was so impressed that at the end, I adopted Reno the bobcat.

2  Thank TerryAnne4