“Don't judge a book by it's cover.”
Review of Pregos

Pregos
Ranked #5 of 225 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

What a lovely place! My husbands Grandparents took us there on our last night visiting, and it was a delicious and special meal! Driving up, one tends to think, "What kind of place is this?" But once you step inside they have turned it into a romantic and charming little restaurant. We were given amazing personalized service, and I love that they bring the menu specials board right to your table. The food was so good, that I couldn't stop myself from ordering desert! Had to have a bite of what everyone ordered on the table and there wan't a bad dish! I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant for a special occasion meal, or a small dinner party. Not necessarily a place where you would bring small children, a babysitter is needed for a special meal here.

There are newer reviews for Pregos

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Coming from the D.C. area where excellent, high quality food preparation and taste is the norm I didn't expect to find a rival in a small town like Burlington. Tonight I tried Pregos and was impressed with both the service and the sophistication of the menu items offered. The meal presentation was fabulous and the taste, well it surpassed all expectation. The only thing that surpassed both was the service. If you find yourself in the Burlington NC area be sure to add this to your list of places to go, and don't forego desert. The cannoli and hot chocolate mouse with vanilla ice cream are dream worthy.

1  Thank Johnnie N
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The outside is modest and appears to be a former fast food restaurant.
It doesn't matter. The food is excellent and the service is great.
I'm sure this is one of the best places in this region for Italian.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

After many years of visiting Burlington area, our first time at Pregos. Wht a pleasant surprise! The decor is rather plain, which is fine, can't eat decor. A nice, varied selection of familar and not so familar Italian specialties. Must be old age but neither my wife or I can remember the name of our entree. They were both pasta dishes, one with seafood and the other with Italian sausage, both were well prepared and delicious, although I found the red sauce a bit on yhe salty side. I had a glass of the house Merlot, found it delicious enough to order two more glasses.
Our only negative in an otherwise excellent visit was our waiter..Jimmy. We did not receive a greeting or smile when he first came to the table. Very mechanically read off the specials, almost reluctantly took our drink order. When taking our meal order, seemed to have his mind else where. Once our food was served he never returned to our table. The other members of the staff were very helpful and friendly. We ate early so they were not busy. We will most certainy return, but will be sure to get a different waiter.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place is absolutely fabulous. The bar seats only six, maybe, so this is really a restaurant--it isn't a bar that happens to serve food. There are also six (or so) tables on the front patio. The food... oh the food... it is wonderful. I don't bother opening the menu--the daily specials are always so tantalizing that I just pick something from there. Good for casual dining as well as a very nice (but not over the top) business outing. Just go--try it--you won't be sorry.

Been to Pregos? Share your experiences!