“good place to stay.”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Virginia
“good place to stay.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here at least 1-2 times per year. The staff is always been awesome! The rooms are updated and large sized. Clean and nicely decorated. The only think I didn't like was the sheets that were close to popping up and the bed was too soft BUT that is a personal preference. I would recommend this location. We were on the side away from the interstate however I have stayed on both sides and the traffic doesn't bother me. Also even though it is next to Hooters, you really never notice that and I had forgotten it was next door until I saw another review on here. Don't let that stop you. The sound proofing is good and we heard almost nothing even though there was some one next door.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The first time I stayed here over a year ago, I was definitely not impressed. Since the rennovation, it has been a great experience to stay here on my way to northern work destinations. The hotel is perfect for a business traveler. As a platinum rewards member, I am ALWAYS given an upgrade and made to feel very special - for me customer service is very important and no matter how late I arrive, the front desk staff always greet me with a smile and go out of their way to make me a tea from the Bistro if I want one - you are given a ticket for one free bistro item and one free market item. The rooms are large and very clean. The decor is modern and the desks are business friendly with good wifi. The bathroom is small with the vanity being on the outside, but functions well and the shower is great; plenty of hot water. There are many fast food places around the hotel and a Panera one exit further. I am a Starbucks fanatic - so it is great that I can wake up to my favorite latte, and take one for the road too when I checkout. I always leave smiling and look forward to my next return stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing the highway - they are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Margit P
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Cons: The room were depressing. The road noise was awful. There is a Hooters next door. The breakfast "restaurant" was painfully slow and the staff was belligerent. They actually got into arguments with customers in front of me and behind me in line - eeek.

Pros: Front desk staff was cheerful and efficient

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, CA
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here before for work, and was disappointed by the tired rooms and overall facility- everything needed a facelift! Months later, I decided to try this hotel again to see if any changes had been made, and was pleasantly surprised to find improved guest rooms and a comfortable, updated lobby space. My room was spotless and inciting- a big change from previous stays.

Even better, the staff here are incredibly friendly and helpful, making the property even more appealing. I will be staying here from now on, when I return to Elon for work.

*The only thing I would improve about the property, would be the road that leads you to the hotel. The driveway is almost hidden from the main road, and the entrance roads to drive onto property come out of nowhere. New curbs on this road, and perhaps additional signage would be a great improvement.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Brittwerts
Katie D, Director of Sales at Courtyard Burlington, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at The Burlington Courtyard and giving us another chance to show you how much our staff and hotel really shine!

Our recent room renovations are fantastic, and we are incrementally working on soundproofing the rooms on the front side of the hotel. We also understand the concern about additional signage, and we have been working through that issue with area officials to improve our visibility.

We are excited to hear you will be returning on a regular basis with your job, and if there is anything else we can do to help make your stay any better, please do not hesitate to ask-your satisfaction is our goal.

Look forward to seeing you back again in the area soon!

Elon, North Carolina
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed I Greensboro Fairfield last week because we couldn't get in here for Elon graduation. The Greensboro Fairfield still has the free hot breakfast and excellent kitchen staff! Here you get what I view as the failed "bistro" concept at the Courtyard. The staff at the Courtyard tried but whether they need more training or time on the job the experience in Greensboro was better. So if you have a choice I'd recommend Greensboro it's about 20-25 minutes from Elon.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we do apologize that we did not live up to the excellent standards that we work so hard to attain everyday. We are sharing all your comments with the staff and the Management Team. The staff takes their roles very seriously and try every day to provide that quality customer service our guests expect.

Thank you again for your time and, we look forward to seeing you when you return to Elon.

Best regards,
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Returned for my second stay here as I have a large customer in the area that will require annual visits going forward. Marriott is not my normal brand of choice as I am a hilton loyalist, but in this trip, my colleague prefers marriott and the location is great.

Nice size rooms, good sipped on the wifi, and overall cleanliness make this an ideal fit. I am not a huge fan of the beds here as they seem closer to memory foam than I like, but the rates are low, the staff is great, and the property is near many places to eat and has easy expressway access. I will likely return next year again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank John G
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Stay here frequently. Wish they would include a breakfast for the price as the other hotels in the area do. Staff is always very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are comfortable, clean and a good size. Hotel is quiet and updated. Beds are nice. Good location. No matter if the hotel is crowded it is always quiet.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for staying at The Burlington Courtyard and sending us your valuable comments. It is always gratifying to receive positive feedback and yours will be shared with the staff, whom I am certain will be encouraged with your remarks.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon, as we look forward to being of service.

Thanks again for having shared your experience with us-