“Greatly improved- friendly, clean stay”

Courtyard Burlington
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
San Diego, CA
“Greatly improved- friendly, clean stay”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here before for work, and was disappointed by the tired rooms and overall facility- everything needed a facelift! Months later, I decided to try this hotel again to see if any changes had been made, and was pleasantly surprised to find improved guest rooms and a comfortable, updated lobby space. My room was spotless and inciting- a big change from previous stays.

Even better, the staff here are incredibly friendly and helpful, making the property even more appealing. I will be staying here from now on, when I return to Elon for work.

*The only thing I would improve about the property, would be the road that leads you to the hotel. The driveway is almost hidden from the main road, and the entrance roads to drive onto property come out of nowhere. New curbs on this road, and perhaps additional signage would be a great improvement.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Brittwerts
Katie D, Director of Sales at Courtyard Burlington, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at The Burlington Courtyard and giving us another chance to show you how much our staff and hotel really shine!

Our recent room renovations are fantastic, and we are incrementally working on soundproofing the rooms on the front side of the hotel. We also understand the concern about additional signage, and we have been working through that issue with area officials to improve our visibility.

We are excited to hear you will be returning on a regular basis with your job, and if there is anything else we can do to help make your stay any better, please do not hesitate to ask-your satisfaction is our goal.

Look forward to seeing you back again in the area soon!

Katie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Elon, North Carolina
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed I Greensboro Fairfield last week because we couldn't get in here for Elon graduation. The Greensboro Fairfield still has the free hot breakfast and excellent kitchen staff! Here you get what I view as the failed "bistro" concept at the Courtyard. The staff at the Courtyard tried but whether they need more training or time on the job the experience in Greensboro was better. So if you have a choice I'd recommend Greensboro it's about 20-25 minutes from Elon.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we do apologize that we did not live up to the excellent standards that we work so hard to attain everyday. We are sharing all your comments with the staff and the Management Team. The staff takes their roles very seriously and try every day to provide that quality customer service our guests expect.

Thank you again for your time and, we look forward to seeing you when you return to Elon.

Best regards,
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Returned for my second stay here as I have a large customer in the area that will require annual visits going forward. Marriott is not my normal brand of choice as I am a hilton loyalist, but in this trip, my colleague prefers marriott and the location is great.

Nice size rooms, good sipped on the wifi, and overall cleanliness make this an ideal fit. I am not a huge fan of the beds here as they seem closer to memory foam than I like, but the rates are low, the staff is great, and the property is near many places to eat and has easy expressway access. I will likely return next year again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank John G
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Stay here frequently. Wish they would include a breakfast for the price as the other hotels in the area do. Staff is always very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are comfortable, clean and a good size. Hotel is quiet and updated. Beds are nice. Good location. No matter if the hotel is crowded it is always quiet.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for staying at The Burlington Courtyard and sending us your valuable comments. It is always gratifying to receive positive feedback and yours will be shared with the staff, whom I am certain will be encouraged with your remarks.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon, as we look forward to being of service.

Thanks again for having shared your experience with us-

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at the Courtyard in Burlington ahead of Graduation at UNC last weekend. Stay was very good, from first impression to check out!

I was greeted by a very friendly & efficient member of staff who was very polite and helpful.

The reception area is very modern and attractive (although the lighting was a little dim) as were the other common areas (hallways, elevators etc.).

My room was on the 4th floor (407). Well away from the elevators and on the highway side of the hotel. I was a little worried that the road noise would be a problem - but it wasn't.

Room had a pull out desk, great size TV, funky kidney shaped couch and looked like it had been decorated relatively recently. I particularly liked that the bedspread was white - it's kind of reassuring as there's no hiding stains on a white bedspread!

The king bed was super comfortable. It slept like mine at home. Pillows were good too.
Shower was very good. Bathroom was clean & had everything I needed.

Nothing disturbed me in the room. I heard absolutely no sound from other rooms (there was no-one above me) or from the corridor.

The only reason the hotel gets only 4 stars from me was the parking. As a solo female traveler I would have preferred to park closer to the main entrance but had to park in back when I returned to the hotel late in the evening. The side entrance which was closest to my parking spot wasn't very well lit.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the highway - might be best for light sleepers to choose the other side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
MD
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My parents and I spent last weekend here so that we could visit my daughter at Elon so location was important. We have stayed at almost all the other local hotels and this one by far surpasses the others in terms of cleanliness, ambiance, and friendliness of hotel staff. The rooms are very spacious, super clean, and nicely decorated. The beds are very comfy as well!

Aside from the aesthetics, the hotel staff was beyond friendly and from the minute we walked in, we felt very welcomed. We requested additional chairs for our balcony (yes, some rooms actually have nice little balconies!) and the maintenance guy who delivered them was very personable and appeared as though he truly enjoyed his job and meeting new people. The crown jewel is Rashelle who has got to be one of the funniest people I’ve ever met! Please tell her "the bellboy" and his family says hi! :o) Upon checking out on Sunday, I booked another reservation for August when we move our daughter back to Elon. Love this place!!

Room Tip: The hotel is conveniently located right off the highway so some road noise is expected. The rooms o...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This hotel has been updated and freshened lately....very comfortable....strange location behind Hooters.....rooms facing away from the main road much quieter.
While rooms have been updated, bathrooms, while fine, are a little older.

Room Tip: Facing away from the road
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo