“Good place to stay if you have X-ray vision!!!”

Red Roof Inn Burlington
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
“Good place to stay if you have X-ray vision!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

While stayin at the Quality Inn with our Bball team for a tourney the electric went out on one side of the room. After calling the front desk to let them know of the problem they assured me they would take care of it so we left for our games. Once back to the room that evening we still didn't have electric. The front desk offered to allow me to use another room to iron in, a room that didn't have a television so my choices were to either have a room wit out power on one side but has a TV for the kids to watch or a room wit electric but no TV; go figure. We also had problems wit getting rooms cleaned so girls could have clean towels & wash cloths to shower after playing 3 games after 3pm due to my guess, not enough workers. One could say 'Quality Inn' or 'Quantity Inn'!!!

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Abington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 13, 2012

2 floor hotel. NO ELEVATOR to get to the second floor. AT ALL. Really?

rooms appear clean

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Wonderful wonderful people on the staff, Tasha was a BIG help and very accomendating to our needs. Also want to sent a big THANK YOU to Crystal. Rooms were large, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast, not so great. The chef offered to make eggs to our request. Biscuits and bagels could be used as hockey pucks. Hash browns were raw potatoes. I would stay there again!!!! Had pet friendly and adjoining rooms that we took advantage of.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed here on business for one week. The hotel is not exactly convenient but was equidistant to a site in greensboro and another that I needed to visit. It is extremely inconvenient to enter as the parking lot is accessed by a dirt road alley. It has a large lot and a nice looking entry area. The room was large and very clean. Rooms were regularly cleaned. The hotel buffet was a mess. Hot food was cold, they ran out of food often, coffee ran put often, the tables were dirty. I would stay here again but stay away from the buffet.

• Stayed March 2012
Millers Creek, North Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I am a frequent traveler of about 250 days year with around 150 being in choice properties. I stopped at this Burlington property for a quick night sleep. Desk Clerk upon reception was very courteous and efficient. He was very professional in listening to my needs and appreciating my loyalty. He met my needs with a smile. Upon entering room I was greeted with a clean environment with a modern cooling system that actually worked properly with temp control. Good sleep with good pillows. Shower was clean with adequate pressure and maintained proper water temp. Visited the breakfast area where I was expecting regular boring items but found instead a nice setup with Eggs,sausage,biscuits,gravy, grits, waffles,etc, Real plates and actual silverware. Nice change. Visited fitness facility after breakfast to find a better facility then most with an actual scale, water fountain and weight machine along with cardio vascular machines. Front desk upon checkout was very interested in my comforts and listened for any areas to improve customer service. I was impressed with the overall efforts put forth from this facility including the obvious hard work and friendliness of the housekeeping. Just the simple above and beyond on occasion goes along way. I will make this my stop as I continue my travels.
Mr Steven T Roe

Room Tip: Spell out your needs and as with me they listened and provided.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tennessee, Illinois
Reviewed January 18, 2012

It's sad when you go to a hotel expecting it to be ok for atleast just 1 night to find out it wasn't even worth a hour of our time. The fronk desk girl was great and very helpful, but the room and breakfast was awful. This gut was really taking the cups out the trash washing them. Then on top of that the eggs on the suppose to be hot breakfast bar was old not freshly made. For the price they charge everything shouldd have been satisfying. The area is very dark and gloom. So have some kind of protection at hands use.. Never again will we stay at that quality inn. Its damn sure nothing quality about it

Room Tip: Get a room at another location burlington suck
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Blyth H
Columbia, SC
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I always look for hotels that serve free breakfast and this one served a free full breakfast so we stayed here. The staff was great. Everyone I talked to there was very nice and very helpful. The room was okay. The A/C was off when we got there so the room was humid and smelled but after the A/C was on for an hour or so, it got better. There was mold in the bathroom. It could have been easily cleaned up but I guess the maids hadn't noticed it. Gave us a creepy feeling though. We went to the breakfast buffet the next morning and was told that the fire marshal shut down the kitchen. Supposedly, the kitchen had been inspected earlier in the year and they advised them of some repairs that needed to be made. Well, the hotel didn't get the repairs made so they shut the kitchen down. There was nothing there to eat but frozen sausage biscuits and some fruit. I was very disappointed. If you're planning to stay here and want the free breakfast, you better call and make sure the kitchen is open first.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family