“Never Again”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Tennessee, Illinois
“Never Again”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

It's sad when you go to a hotel expecting it to be ok for atleast just 1 night to find out it wasn't even worth a hour of our time. The fronk desk girl was great and very helpful, but the room and breakfast was awful. This gut was really taking the cups out the trash washing them. Then on top of that the eggs on the suppose to be hot breakfast bar was old not freshly made. For the price they charge everything shouldd have been satisfying. The area is very dark and gloom. So have some kind of protection at hands use.. Never again will we stay at that quality inn. Its damn sure nothing quality about it

Room Tip: Get a room at another location burlington suck
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Blyth H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Columbia, SC
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I always look for hotels that serve free breakfast and this one served a free full breakfast so we stayed here. The staff was great. Everyone I talked to there was very nice and very helpful. The room was okay. The A/C was off when we got there so the room was humid and smelled but after the A/C was on for an hour or so, it got better. There was mold in the bathroom. It could have been easily cleaned up but I guess the maids hadn't noticed it. Gave us a creepy feeling though. We went to the breakfast buffet the next morning and was told that the fire marshal shut down the kitchen. Supposedly, the kitchen had been inspected earlier in the year and they advised them of some repairs that needed to be made. Well, the hotel didn't get the repairs made so they shut the kitchen down. There was nothing there to eat but frozen sausage biscuits and some fruit. I was very disappointed. If you're planning to stay here and want the free breakfast, you better call and make sure the kitchen is open first.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I would not recommend this place..

It needs some big time updating and is actually pretty creepy.

Found the staff rather unhelpfu and the room was dingy...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alternachick2011
Gardiner, Maine
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Stayed there recently, but particularly as a woman traveling alone, I would not again. The hotel desperately needs updating and was almost empty when I was there. I found it creepy--hard to find, potholes in the parking lot, the lobby and restaurant not dirty, but much worn. There were overflowing ashtrays and trash by the back door. That being said, the front desk staff were wonderful and the room not bad. However, like the rest of the place, it needed renovation. And the shower didn't work and looked shoddily repaired. For a family or a guy on the road, it might not be bad, considering price. If I were to go to the area again, I would go one exit down and stay at the Ramada or one of the other newer places. For not much more, it would be worth it.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Iarrived around 230AM very large parking lot easy to get a semi into...ask for late check out and was told I would have talk to staff in morning , checkout is 1100AM but they may let me stay later I have to have 10 hours off due to DOT regs,I went ahead and stayed and checked in the mornibg late check out was not a problem(I had to get up early to check,this messes up my sleeping schedule) since I was up I went to breakfast I stayed her a couple of years ago and remember breakfast being great, not this time I arrived 25 min before breakfast was over..no coffee,no sausage & no eggs...I ask if they were going to put more food & coffee out the guy was nice although said they were out of sausage he did make me 2 eggs but no coffee....also had grits but they were cold...all in all breakfast was not good...on to the room ...it was clean,bed a little hard but no too bad...bathroom - shower were clean...room was a little dark but this is a descent place to stay for the price( even with bad breakfast ) less than $60.00 a nite....well worth the price

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Roxboro, North Carolina
Reviewed November 9, 2010

The driveway was difficult to locate and kind of uncomfortable to pull in as it was not well marked. The hotel sits behind some other businesses. Check in was smooth. The customer in front of us was there to complain about their non-smoking room being smoky but our room was very clean. It was very large with a microwave and mini-fridge. There were some complimentary soaps and such and their binder offered free items you may have forgotten at home but we were charged $1 for some toothpaste. The complimentary, hot breakfast was rather lackluster. The eggs were delicious but the other food looked like it had been there a while. It was difficult to locate someone to get us some ketchup too. Overall, great room especially if budget shopping!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I travel for business and leisure, and stay in hotel rooms nearly 70-80 nights per year. I was never so surprised at the "atrocity" of this location, called a QUALITY Inn. This hotel was so proud to have signage welcoming parents of ELON Univ students for student move in weekend. The signs should have said "Welcome ELON Univ parents - suckers". The room was dirty, beside an exit door which was used all night, loud music, rats in the trash area where furniture and mattresses where thrown. And to top it off, the Hotel, in their wisdom, booked a motorcycle convention/meeting the same few days as the Elon parents. Loud party to all hours, banging on my door at 3:00am - it was like a bad movie. And the property was filthy. Called the hotel, and still no response. To top it off, they charged me twice!

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank williemcrisk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Burlington
Red Carpet Inn Burlington
Red Carpet Inn Burlington
#9 of 15 in Burlington
Drury Inn & Suites Burlington

Been to Red Roof Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!