“Very nice staff”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Bryson City
Bradenton, Florida
“Very nice staff”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My son and I stayed there this week. I really liked the staff, friendly and made you feel like you were old friends. we stayed 3 nights. Good location, nice breakfast, extremely clean room. No fitness center was the only downside. I had checked out other hotels before booking here and figured this was best in town, I was not wrong. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Near the food...coffee all day and night :)
Green Features: I think they had those postcards to recycle the sheets. I'm more into fresh sheets than saving the environment.. bad me.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
sleepinn500, General Manager at Sleep Inn Bryson City - Cherokee Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Sleep Inn in Bryson City. We are sorry we could not provide a fitness center here at the hotel. We do have a gym in Bryson City that will accomodate our guests for a nominal fee.

We hope you will consider us again for your future stays.

Andy Bhakta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had stayed here in the past, but had been a couple of years since the last stay. I am pleased to say that it was still one of the cleanest hotels (rooms, lobby, pool, dining area, etc.) I have stayed in and was very restful and peaceful. The only recommendation I can make is to make your reservation through the Choice Hotels website. I paid a bit more by calling the hotel directly, but it's not enough to get upset over. I had to change the dates of the stay and the desk clerks were very helpful and cooperative in doing so. The staff there was very helpful with questions about where to eat (unfortunately, there are just a few 'good' restaurants in Bryson City in addition to the fast-food places. Not a knock against the hotel though) and local attractions and sights. I would definitely stay here again if in the area!

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine. Ours faced the parking lot where we parked our motorcycle and was a...
Green Features: Read the main comments on this one. Read the main comments on this one. Read the main comments on this one.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass on your lovely comments to our staff. Your comfort is our goal and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Bryson City.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Having been let down by the "luxury" accommodation we had booked prior to arriving in Bryson City we drove into town and passed the Sleep Inn. Never having stayed at any of this chain of hotels we quickly looked it up on Tripadvisor. Good reviews (and getting desperate) took us back up the hill and into reception. Almost immediately I felt the place was right. We were greeted by the lovely Teresa, who was customer service personified in her attitude (as was every other member of staff we met over the next three days). She offered us a double queen room upstairs, which she took us to in order to see if it was suitable. The room was spacious, very clean and modern looking. It also passed my stringent "shower test" and had the biggest cubicle I have been in. Sold! Teresa then told us to take our time and help ourselves to a batch of cookies in reception she had just baked. We settled in straight away and had a very enjoyable 3 days in Bryson City. Worth mentioning is the breakfast which, whilst being the generic coffee, waffles, Danish pastries and so on, was being constantly replenished by the (again, very pleasant) lady in the dining area. Also, the hotel wasn't too far out of town and my wife and I walked every night and left the car at the hotel. Be warned though, that it's all downhill into town and so the return is more testing. All in all a great hotel in a top spot, the icing on the cake being the staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neilc277
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Sleep Inn in Bryson City. We passed on your praise to our staff and they also thank you.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the United States. Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn, Bryson City.

Hazel Green
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Haven't dealt with hotel without elevator in years. Checked in around 3:30, there were 3 cars in the parking lot. When I checked in we were assigned the 2nd floor. I asked if we could get a room on the first floor as I had knee replacement and stairs were difficult. She smiled and said no. With it being early afternoon I know there were unassigned rooms. We got to Bryson City 2-3 times a year and rent 2 rooms. No matter what we will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank ChrylnDon
We want to thank you for your review. We apologise for your inconvenience of having to walk up the stairs. had we know in advance of your needs, we would have done our best to accomodate you.

We hope you will consider us for your accomodation needs the next time you are in Bryson City.

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was our third hotel in four nights and we were so pleased! From the entry decor to the service to the room to the amenities, it was a very pleasant experience. The cost was between the other two hotels, but the cleanliness, quality and general feel was head and shoulders above both of the others. The room was a little smaller than average, but it was okay because of the way the space was utilized. We felt like we were in a much higher quality hotel than those of a comparable price. Most semi-budget hotels feel tolerable, this one felt like a bit of a treat!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the excellent review. Reviews like yours let us know that in some small way, we made your trip a little better.

Pleasestop by and stay with us on your next rip to Bryson City.

North Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2014

When I arrived I was greeted with a warm smile and welcoming attitude. The hotel is up to date and very clean. Rooms are very clean and comfy beds. Our room overlooked the street and my kids and I had no issues with noise from the street or the other rooms which was a big plus! This hotel is conveniently located near local restaurants, highways and very close to the NOC. Breakfast includes eggs, sausage, cereals, fruit, waffles, pancakes, yogurts, breads and more and all of it is delicious and kept clean. Thank you all for a great stay, keeping everything clean and doing it with a smile and great attitudes and at a great price! Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn in Bryson City. We app[reciate the time you took with your wonderful review. We will strive to continue to meet your expectations on your next trip.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to North Carolina.

Tn.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The only problem with our room which I did not like was there was no tub and sink was in bedroom. Did not bother my son or husband, I just prefer a full bath. Lady who checked us in was great, suggested a great place for dinner. Bed was very comfortable, room and hotel itself were very clean. Plenty for breakfast, eggs, bacon, biscuits, waffles, or cereal. All in all a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Plenty of restaurants nearby, just a bit of a walk on a very busy street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Sleep Inn. We appreciate your comments and will take them under consideration for our next remodel.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryson City
#3 of 28 in Cherokee
Riverbend Lodging
Riverbend Lodging
#5 of 10 in Bryson City

Been to Sleep Inn Bryson City - Cherokee Area? Share your experiences!