“25 years of Excellent Service and Enjoyment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fryemont Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryson City
Fryemont Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Bryson City B&B and Inns
Bloomington, Illinois
“25 years of Excellent Service and Enjoyment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Began my experience with the Fryemont over 25 years ago and every time I find something new to enjoy. This place is full of charm, and comfort. The area is full of varied adventures on top of that. Food was delicious and many things to choose from. If you want to get away from the haried lifestyle you live, I highly recommend this beautiful, historic getaway. I myself have never seen anything dirty in the multitude of visits, everything has always been spotless. I have stayed in the lodge many times, and several of the cabins. I am always delighted at the fresh foods prepared for breakfast and dinner, which by the way is included in the room charge. I enjoy the ambience in the dining room as much as the meal. The Browns definitely take care of you!!

Room Tip: The cabins are a very short walk to the main lodge so it wasnt a bother in the least. They are newer...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank linda t

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

We began our Fryemont Experience in 1992 from a Bryson City Chamber of Commerce brochure ad, and have been blown away ever since. The owners, The Browns, are masters of the Inn Experience, caring for every need of their guests. True professionals.

Our first visit was in a Main Lodge room (in 92)...clawfoot tub, walls of windows in the Ash paneled room, with cool mountain breezes lofting up the mountain that the Inn rests into the side of. Main lodge central room is warm and inviting...emense fireplace beside a board/card game table with porch where you can rock away to the serenity of the Smokys.

We had more main lodge stays. Once when we had two rooms with connectiong bath (2+ 4 children) and late in the night we told ghost stories, and then innocently tip-toed through the Inn's halls looking for the legendary daughter of the original builder/owner, who's spirit was reported as being present occasionally. It was a fun family scare time...we ran back to the room and hid under the sheets!!!

Since then we have discovered the Stone Cottage Suites, with kitchen, fireplace, and jaccuzzi (#4 I think), and a private porch that looks over the mountainside into the National Park.

Take in the rafting, Great Smoky Mountan Railroad, Cherokee Reservation, with the passion play "Unto These Hills", the story of the Cherokee People's displacement to Oklahoma...a must see, and hiking, riding, and relaxing. Don't forget to get some boiled peanuts, and then go to Harras Casino in Cherokee.

The most wonderful part of a Fryemont Experience is that your room comes with full country breakfast, made to order, and a fantastic dinner menu served family style, and most excellent.

This may sound like a hired review...but it is NOT..My name is Stephen Dean, Austin, TX. This is my true and accurate opinion and experience.

BTW...The annual Halloween party is the BEST. Dress up, have fun, dance a lot, and WALK to your room/cottage safely.

Great time, good fun, wonderful people, well done.

Stephen and Mary Dean
Austin, Texas

ps. We're booked for the 2012 Halloween party...are you?...if so, see you there.

Room Tip: Main lodge, top of the main stairs, I think it is #204. Two walls of windows...wonderful! Stone Cott...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank stephen d
St. Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Our extended family of 10 people just spent a week at Fryemont Inn and we all had a lovely time. My husband and I and our two grown children stayed in the two bedroom cabin while others in our group stayed in the suites. Our cabin was rather far from the Lodge and the walk was a bit rough, but it was fine for us. We could also drive to the Lodge. Our cabin was well furnished and comfortable with a nice shady porch and a well-equipped kitchen, which we used to make lunches. It was clean and we were offered cleaning service, but did not really want it. All our rooms were air conditioned, which was nice because it was in the mid 80s while we were there. However, the Lodge reception area, which is not air conditioned (neither are the Lodge rooms), did not seem hot and the dining room is air conditioned. There is good wi-fi in the Lodge reception area, which has comfortable chairs and tables. We were sometimes able to get wi-fi from the town of Bryson City in our cabin, but it was not reliable. Several of our group played cards in the Lodge in the evening while others rocked on the porch looking toward the Smoky Mountains. The Lodge is about a 15 minute walk to town, but the Lodge is up on a hill so it is uphill on the way back. Bryson City has a nice park that is an island in the middle of the river and the town has the Smoky Mountain railroad depot, a train museum, antique shops and a few restaurants. We never tried the restaurants because the meals provided at the Lodge (breakfast and dinner) were very good and very filling. There is a wide choice of entrees with salad, a different soup every day, and a choice of desserts that changes every night. I got to taste all the entrees and they were all good. Our group did hiking, kayaking, tubing, ziplining (even my 90 year old father-in-law), and some local sightseeing in the National Park. The pool looked nice, but it was not yet open, which was too bad because it was warm enough to use it. The staff were always pleasant and helpful, eager to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We had a wonderful time and I recommend it, especially for families.

Room Tip: The cabin is big and comfortable, but it is a steep walk uphill to the lodge. On the positive side...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelerSt.Louis
Calistoga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for three nights. It is an old-fashioned resort with a lot of charm. We chose to stay in the older section which we loved--old beautiful wood, close to the dining room and gigantic lobby. There is much to do, games, swimming, fishing, boating, riding the train, etc. The price included both breakfast and supper. The food wasn't gourmet, but moe than adaquate, especially for families. We were there over Julu 4th, and we watched fireworks with the locals 'downtown." People started singing patriotic sonds during the fireworks, and everyone spontaneously joined in. Fantastic!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

This place is a gem, if you are looking for relaxation and old time values, look no further. The Fryemont was established in 1923 and is still rustic and charming. There are no TVs or phones in the rooms and, the lodge itself has no air conditioning. But dont ftet, they do have several suites on the property which are more modern for your comfort. Not to worry in the lodge though because the open windows and ceiling fans will keep your room cool. It's quiet, cozy and the type of place you will definitely come back to. In the huge lobby there is a TV but I never saw it on the 4 days I was there. Families with children were, instead, sitting at one of the tables playing board games or cards - Quality family time. And the price of the room includes breakfast at their on-site restaurant along with a 4-course supper which was fabulous. A great menu to choose from like prime rib, braised lamb shanks, fresh trout prepared 5 different ways, ham and many other choices. We were VERY impressed. They also have a bar which is open until the last person leaves. Plus, there are so many activities to do in the area making this a perfect place to stay. Last night while rocking on the porch overlooking Bryson City I was talking to a lady who has been staying here on family vacations since the late 70's. So cool!!! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank PT30548
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this as I sit in a rocking chair on the inn's porch, sipping wine and listening to the birds. I can see the Smokey mountains. In the lobby, there's a fire roaring in the enormous fireplace and a couple playing checkers. Yes, I can also hear some traffic. No, the rooms aren't soundproof, but the entire experience is old fashioned and charming. The helpful staff gave us a great tip for hiking and viewing waterfalls in the GSM NP, provided wine glasses when we needed them, and was generally warm and welcoming. For about $150 a night for two people that included breakfast and dinner, I think it's a great value and a pleasant place to stay if you like a sense of history and family.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank travelingmom74150
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

We have been coming to the Fryemont Inn for over 7 years and it is our favorite place! We have stayed in the "Treehouse", the "Cabin", the "Lodge" and even the "Family Suite" in the lodge...each place holds it's own special charm!!! Depending on what your needs are...they have a place for you! We were there for opening weekend this past weekend (4/20/12) and stayed with our friends in the 2 bedroom cabin...we had a blast!!! Your stay includes a gourmet breakfast and 6 star dinner...featuring soup, salad, entree, veggies and your choice of deserts...served by the sweetest group of people in the world! My favorite soup is the BLT soup...nothing better!!! The Brown family owns and operates the Inn and they have such a way of making you feel like family!!! I have personally recommended The Fryemont Inn to several people and no one has every been disappointed!!! We WILL be back...at least two more times this year!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends