“Absolutely Top Shelf B&B... We Loved This Place !!!”
Review of Folkestone Inn

Folkestone Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Bryson City B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 22, 2008

My Bride and I just returned from Folkstone inn where we spent 4 nights celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and I must say all the 5 star ratings I read about on Trip Advisor before staying at such a wonderful place are well deserved.
The Home itself is not only immaculate but beautifully decorated and every room emits a warm, welcome homey feeling, The gourmet breakfast exceeded our expectations and made you excited to get out of bed in the morning! From the owners, the Chef, kitchen help down to the Gardner treat you like a special member of their family. There are many relaxing and fun things to do in the immediate area to please everyone from young to senior citizen. We absolutely recommend this second to none Bed & breakfast. We are already referring our Friends and plan on going back.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Folkestone Inn

Reviewed June 10, 2008

As a place to take a quiet, relaxing weekend, the Folkestone Inn had everything I wanted: friendly innkeepers and staff, beautiful balcony room with a comfortable bed, great breakfast, relaxing setting, and so many little amenities it's impossible to mention them all. It's a quick walk to some easy trails, and enough of them to keep me occupied when not napping or sitting on the balcony. Thanks for the perfect weekend!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2008

My visit at the Folkestone Inn was absolutely delightful! The innkeepers were gracious and always more than willing to assist in making hiking, shopping and dining recommendations. The beautifully, canopying trees and gardens welcomed me each time I entered the Folkestone’s driveway. Throughout my stay, I thoroughly enjoyed hiking in the national park (which is within walking distance from the inn), rafting and shopping. But, the peacefulness and coziness of the Folkestone made me want to get back to relax with my book and a handful of their freshly baked chocolate chip cookies!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed for two nights at the Folkestone Inn recently as part of a anniversary trip to the NC mountains.
The Inn is lovely, quiet, peaceful and comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious and they catered to our dietary needs/wishes.
They have a library of books (hikes, waterfalls, Mt. info, etc) as well as a folder of local info. in the room. They also had menus from local restaurants in the parlor.
All the staff we came in contact with were extremely friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed May 26, 2008

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay over Memorial Day weekend. The Inn was extremely clean, cozy and charming. The food was excellent, healthy and organic. Owners and staff were very friendly. The Inn was 1/4 mile from the Great Smoky Mt. National Park - very convenient to town as well. Highly recommended. Sincerely, The Thompsons

Reviewed May 25, 2008

We had a very pleasant stay. The inn is very clean and comfortable and the breakfasts are good. There are plenty of places on the grounds to sit and relax, even a hammock! We just wish that breakfast had been served earlier as this kept us from starting our day hikes till later than we would have liked. Despite that, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back.

Reviewed February 19, 2008

My Husband and I booked the Valentine Package and were NOT disappointed! It was FANTASTIC! From the champagne in the guest fridge, the florals & chocolates in our room, to the delicious gourmet dinner by candle light.... This is an Inn to visit if you want to be WOWED!
Everything was just perfect! Our room as the rest of the Inn was spotless and very well decorated! We loved the antiques! The bed was wonderful. THANK YOU FOR THAT! So comfortable and with all those extra pillows....aaahhh...... If it wasn't for those amazing home cooked breakfasts you offered, I think we would have stayed in that bed our entire stay! :-)

Thank you Kay and Peggy!

We loved the Folkestone Inn!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Cherokee
Hampton Inn Cherokee
#3 of 28 in Cherokee
Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort

Been to Folkestone Inn? Share your experiences!