“Great Place to Begin Motorcycle Trip up the BlueRidge Parkway”
Review of Two Rivers Lodge

Two Rivers Lodge
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Bryson City
Morrison, Tennessee
“Great Place to Begin Motorcycle Trip up the BlueRidge Parkway”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great family owned (Americans) lodge in a beautiful location. Biker friendly with free WiFi and lots of great free advice on great motorcycle rides and restaurants. Since it's inbetween Bryson City and Cherokee you can quickly be in either town for food, shopping or sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gerald B
TwoRiversLodgenc, Owner at Two Rivers Lodge, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thanks Gerald for taking the time to let people know what you think of us. It was nice to meet you and we hope to see you again. Ride safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Mosinee
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I lead a group every year touring the US on Harley's . I called two rivers and spoke to Blaine during the planning process of our upcoming June trip to visit the Smokies, He made our Res and assured me we would be happy staying at his place. We take a lot of group trips and this was one of the best, we had a clean room, pool, comfortable place for our group to visit which included tables chairs etc. we made ourselves comfortable. Blaine went out of his way and led us on a few scenic rides and made sure we got the premiere picture stops, when we got back he and his family prepared a great cook out including hot peach cobbler cooked in a Dutch oven. If you want a clean, affordable, motorcycle friendly place to stay give two rivers a try.

Room Tip: Beautiful property along the river and valley in a country setting, 5 miles to town but there is a s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks William. It was great riding with all of you and I will continue that as long as I'm able. I hope you'll make this a yearly event.
Hamler, Oh
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Upon Arriving for our reservation we stood in the entrance for I do not know how long as people wondered about never asking us if we needed help or did we have reservations. We found a door bell on the outside of the building and someone did show up to help us.
We got a room with a river view - but there is NO access to the river from the room - just old windows. The room was clean but old and worn. For 89. even in that location I would have expected more.
We went back up to the office to ask about a local place to eat. We rang the bell, yelled and finally just gave up and rode into town. IF there was no other place to stay I would go back - but that is the only way.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same - except for the beds. Do not pay extra for anything -
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TwoRiversLodgenc, Owner at Two Rivers Lodge, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I (Blain) have to take all the responsibility for the lack of attention you received. Ask around. I am usually out front meeting and greeting taking care of any requests from printing ride maps to finding pharmacies, places to eat, attractions, even repairing guests bikes and cars. BUT! That day I had to visit the emergency room with respiratory issues and I was out of commission by 2:00pm. Kathy was doing her best to make me comfortable when you checked in at 5:30pm. She normally tends to two of our children and our grand daughter and all it takes to keep them healthy and happy while I do the same for our guests but do not expect her to do both and I apologize to you. This is not normal or even acceptable treatment and I would love to say that It will never happen again all I can really say is I'll do my best and I am sorry. As for our "retroness". People are supposed to feel like they have come to visit Grandma in her 1960/1970 era home. Simple, mismatched, but clean. Our river view rooms have a river view and classic casement windows for now. We do have a 1 acre riverside park just 30 feet from any door on the river view rooms. If we didn't have a bonfire the night you were here it was only because I was't able to build one but most likely my young son built one anyway he's a very good boy and like myself will try to fulfill any request to the best of his ability. There is no place else around here that has that for you at our price. I am back on my feet today but don't have my voice back yet and hope you give us a second chance. Just relax, listen to the water and enjoy.
Alabama
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We made a group motorcycle trip to the area and stayed at the Two Rivers Lodge. I had read the previous reviews about how nice this family was that owned the lodge, but they were even nicer than I expected. This is an older property, but it met all of our needs and offered a relaxing location after a day of riding.

This is a family-owned business and they made us feel so welcome and actually feel like we were visiting family. Our group was at the pool and it was getting late. Blaine came to the pool and we asked if he was there to run us out, but he said that he was joining us. He offered his advise on the best routes for us to ride the next day. We asked if he could join us on our ride and he accepted. He led our small group (six bikes) all day long (even in the rain) and was a GREAT leader. I don't know of any other place that offers this type of personal service.

We look forward to a return trip to the area and we will definitely be staying at the Two Rivers Lodge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TwoRiversLodgenc, Manager at Two Rivers Lodge, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Your visit was short but sweet. This summer riding in the rain was more likely than ever but you still came to visit and we appreciate it. Maybe you can stay longer next time and I can show you some more great roads and sights.
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A group of friends and I stayed at the Two Rivers Lodge for three nights while we rode The Dragon and Cherohola Skyway. Not only was the Lodge clean and comfortable, but Blaine and his family were awesome. They were very welcoming and hospitable. You can't beat the customer service. The next time I am in that area, I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
It's uplifting to see joy on peoples faces when they have had a great day with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I just got back from my second stay at Two Rivers Lodge in Bryson City. I chose to stay at this location again this summer because my previous experience was top notch. The own Blaine truly goes out of his way to make sure your experience is everything you expect. This is a Motel, so it's been there a while, but Blaine has done a ton of work and every room is pleasantly appointed with Mini Fridge, Microwave, coffee pot, & TV. Most importantly, it's very clean and has comfortable beds.
Blaine took time out to ride with my group of bikers and showed us some great roads that we hadn't planned on riding. When we got back, he cooked out on the grill for everyone at the lodge. We asked if we could cookout by the river, so he put the grill on a trailer, hooked it up to his riding mower, and towed it down to the river! How cool is that!!!
Great for bikers, but I'd take my family here without a second thought. Oh....and the homemade peach, cherry, & apple cobbler is just icing on the cake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks David. It was great to have you back this year and hopefully we can ride together every year.
Alabama
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have stayed here over the last several years. Our group comes up to go rafting and we always stay here. Blaine and Cathy are great hosts and you could not ask for anyone any better. Very motorcycle friendly. Great location between Bryson City and Cherokee. Rooms are clean. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks "T". You guys have become like family only without all that awkwardness. See you soon.