“Can't wait to get back there!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lakeview at Fontana

Lakeview at Fontana
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bryson City
Kentucky
“Can't wait to get back there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

What an awesome place! We traveled there with another couple and we had the hardest time leaving when our stay was over. Everything was wonderful--the wine and cheese, the breakfast, the views, the service and especially the wonderful, relaxed atmosphere. We really enjoyed Wally the cat too! We stayed for two nights and had spa treatments that were wonderful. Almost hate to spread the word about this great place for fear it will stay booked up and we can't get reservations :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

I went to Lakeview with two girlfriends from work for a long weekend. When we pulled up the long tree-lined drive, and came upon the resort nestled in the smokey mountain side, all three of us gasped and smiled at once, and were immediatly washed with a feeling of beauty and calm. Getting out of the car we looked to our right over the sitting deck, out onto the breathtaking view of the lake framed by the mountains. We were happily greeted by the owner of the resort, and invited into the cafe for a glass of wine and refreshment, as we had arrived at the daily complimentary wine and cheese hour. When she showed us to our room, we were given our printed schedule of the spa services we had chosen and previously booked online, and invited to relax and enjoy our stay. We did just that! The next 3 days we chose yoga every morning, then enjoyed the best spa experiances any of us had ever had, and just relaxed and enjoyed the pleasant scenery. I would recommend this amazing and friendly resort and spa to anyone!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Columbia, SC USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

Well, that's what Lakeview at Fontana has become for me. My wife and I were guests in early August and are still trying to figure out what makes this place so relaxing and special. The staff is wonderful - cheerful, accomodating and genuinely glad you are there. The rooms are simple but clean with comfortable beds and updated bathrooms. The breakfast and wine-and-cheese time are both delicious and fun, and provide opportunities for people to socialize. The pool in later afternoon was a refreshing break from the heat of the day's activities. And we also enjoyed our massages. Plus, it's a great value! We will definitely return. I am actually selfishly reluctant to write this review because when the word gets out, it's going to be a lot harder to book a room!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scottymon
home
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

It has to be hard to bring a 1950's motel up to today's standards. The place had great charm even though it was lacking in little things like drinking glasses in your room( I guess they think you do not need a drink of water) we did ask for some and never got any. The room rates are on the low side which was good. We did not use the spa however we heard it was great.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank homeron
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

I am a frequent visitor to the Bryson City area and thought I would give the spa at Lakeview a try. Being a frequent user of spas at Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons I wasn't expecting much in a town like Bryson City. I was pleasantly surprised that the spa and property exceeded my expectations. I received a hot stone massage that was superb. The room was cozy and comfortable and the staff is excellent in every way. The property is akin a to a European village rather than rustic cabins as you would expect in the NC mountains. As they say at Lakeview at Fontana, they are shabby chic!

I would highly recommend every aspect of Lakeview at Fontana.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

Don't let your first impression guide you! This is a very eclectic property. Three couples met here for a short "get-away" and we had a great time. Looks like a little village with a sidewalk cafe that hosts breakfast and wine/cheese in the afternoon. Homemade white sangria that all enjoyed. Friendly staff. Owner very nice and hospitable. Spa services by some of our party were greatly enjoyed!

Nita B.
Chattanooga, TN

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Florence, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed 6 nights at the Lakeview; and both of us agreed the best part of our trip was our stay there. Every morning we had breakfast in the café, which consisted of pastries, yogurt, cold cut meats, cheese, and breads. There was fresh orange juice and you got your own French press for coffee or tea.
If by chance you enjoy spa treatments, I would recommend doing a spa package. Not only do you get the spa services for a much discounted price, but you also get unlimited yoga classes and spa lunches. With my 5 Night Girl’s Night In, I received 4 treatments and ended up doing one a day. The sweet dream body wrap was so amazing I fell asleep, which I never do. The relaxation massage was good and the masseuse did great working on problem areas. The facial was a mini European facial without extractions or skin analysis, but still enjoyable. The Thai Body Scrub was also nice. The spa is small so they don’t offer everything a bigger spa might. However, the ambiance of the spa is 100% focused around relaxation which is great for vacation.
The yoga classes were good too. I am not a very big yoga fan, but it was nice to wake up and do some light yoga to stretch out for the day. The yoga classes tend to be small so you can usually tell the instructor what you want to get out of the class.
As for the spa lunches, big thank you to Hollis and Aileen; I am kind of a picky eater and everyday they checked with me to see if what they were going to service would be ok.
Wine and cheese was served from 6-7. There were a couple different cheese options on crackers or bruschetta, along with knick-knacks like olives, pretzels, etc. The wine options were red wine or white sangria. Personally I don’t like sangria so I would bring down my own white wine. It didn’t hit me to ask if they had white wine until the last night. And of course they did and were more than willing to let me have some, just had to ask!
The rooms were definitely rustic, but nice. The sheets and comforter were AMAZING! Towels and bath room supplies were good. Although there is not a TV in the room, there is a common one in the office building. There were a few spiders, but it’s the mountains what do you expect. The air conditioning is covered up by blinds, so for a good cold room all you need to do is make sure to pull the blinds up a little.
Although everything mentioned above was good, the most amazing part was the staff. One of the first days I asked Tetia, one of the co-owners, if they had nail polish remover. Although they didn’t, the next day she brought me some from her home. I could not believe she would go above and beyond like that, I was very impressed.
If you are looking for a more upscale resort, like the Grove Park Inn, then this probably will not suit you. But if you are looking for a very quiet, extremely laid back environment, with an amazingly helpful staff, then I would definitely book a stay at Lakeview at Fontana.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
#4 of 10 in Bryson City
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
#2 of 6 in Robbinsville

Been to Lakeview at Fontana? Share your experiences!