When you want to get away from it all but still enjoy modern luxuries, this is the place to do it. Our three day stay, included perfect accomodations in cottage #1, breafast each morning, happy hour each evening, and dailly spa services. Most importantly, the customer service was fantastic.
Our cottage was the first one upon driving up the hill into this quaint resort. Check~in was smooth and pleasant. The cottage has a small kitchen with full size refrigerator, 4~person dining room table, living room, 2 bedrooms (1 queen bed and the other with 2 full beds) and bathroom. This cottage was quaint and comfortable for three ladies. The accommodations were comfortable and spacious.
Each day we looked forward to breakfast. Since our purpose for this trip was to relax and, we really took advantage of our morning coffee time. French~pressed coffee, yogurt, pastries, toast and bagels were the staple each morning. The room and atmosphere was so cozy that we spent 1~2 hours each morning in this ritual before we headed out for the day. Happy hour each evening was also relaxing and included wine, bugs, fruits, cheese and crackers. We enjoyed taking our treats outdoor to the deck overlooking the lake. The view was amazing.
Each day we enjoyed spa services which we selected prior to check~in. We were impressed with the spa at this resort. It was quaint and relaxing. Collectively, we experienced various massage and body therapies such as the All in One massage, Relaxation massage, bamboo massage, hot stones massage, sugar scrub and green tea detox massage.
First, the positive. My favorite service was the green tea detox. This is a must do treatment. The hot stones massage was also very relaxing. Unfortunately, all other massages, although differently named, were very similar. The same two therapists were present throughout our stay. They were very sweet and professional. We would have like, however for the treatments to be actually be different since they had different names. This is definitely something they can improve upon. Apart from my detox therapy, which was done by a different therapist, we felt that overall the I th we therapists could work on improving their services.
All in all, we still rated this location highly because the location, customer service and ambience were magnificent. A special thanks you goes to Paula and Eddie who went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small-scale & casual, Lakeview at Fontana evokes a quaint Mediterranean-meets-Greenwich Village ambiance; complete with charming courtyard, gourmet coffeehouse, yoga studio, and spa. Rooms and suites offer the perfect refuge for those who prefer their mountain breezes scented with the rich aroma of a cafe mocha. Or anyone whose idea of a fine afternoon is mountain biking or hiking followed by a hot stone massage. The surrounding 45 acres reveal an outdoor pool, a scenic hiking trail, and, of course, spectacular views of Fontana Lake and the Great Smoky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lakeview at Fontana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview At Fontana Hotel Bryson City
- Lakeview At Fontana Bryson City