“Train Museum”

Smoky Mountain Trains Museum
Ranked #3 of 35 things to do in Bryson City
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Good stop for Lionel train lovers, there are operating layouts and many, many cars and engines to marvel over. The donated collection has really rare and neat cars including tin plate and scratch builts.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"great for kids"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2013

What a great museum! The amount of trains on display as well as for sale was unbelievable! The museum store was quite pricey, but the experience was fun.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

It is free admission if you ride the GSM railway. The model trains are amazing. The detail in the mountain scenes is impeccable. This is fun even if you are not a train enthusiast.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and brother loved talking with maintenance or caretaker answered all our questions. Not worth the price to me. I did enjoy the detail of the of model community. My husband loved it. It sparked an interest in model trains.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I just spent a extra day in the smokey mounts to take this trip because I didn't find it until I got there. I called them and ask questions. Than I asked if they had cupons and where could I get them. I was told the only place was on line. I had to look them up and tell them. I had asked if there was a senior price and they told me the only cupons where on line. so I get on line and can not find anything but senior military and triple A. I call back again and again wait on hold. This time I ask what it is under cause I clicked on everything and only found those three. I was told" they didnt have time to walk me thought it" and than I was hung up on!!!! So again I look and call back and told them to give me the senior discount!!!! Again I was on hold and again I told them they were the only cupons there and I was told no there was more. So I said let me have these tickets. When I got there they told me to walk down to station 4 witch was about a mile. I can not walk!!!! I told them that and the guy was sitting there in a golf cart and told me his boss would not let him take us down there. So I walked and almost died!!! when I got there he came down and told me that he was sorry but it was his boss!!!! He had been wrote up before cause he did something for a handicap person!!!! He was a very nice boy and shouldnt have to put up with the boss to have a job. This place is not person friendly and they could care less if they get your bussiness!!!! The will not refund money in fact they charge more if you change your date and time. As they also did to us!!!!! The ride is not worth the money!!!!!! They say it is a long ride yet they stop for a hr for you to eat and warn you it is a sit down and family style . To get it to go or eat it fast. This resturant is across the track and a good walk from where the train is parked so it is next to impossiable to walk there and eat and enjoy your food knowing that they will leave you there. And they will ..The train left right on time! It is not worth the price or to endure the way you are treated especially if you have a walking balance problem !!!!! As I stated It is not a place to work for either cause they do not treat there employees right eighter the way this young person told me stories about them!!! He in fact said he doesnt like to treat people that way cause it isnt right!!!!

1  Thank Savannah102