“Good Food, Horrible Service”
Review of Village Bistro

Village Bistro
Ranked #34 of 56 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Village Bistro is located at Nantahala Village in the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. The Bistro offers both dining room and bar service with indoor and outdoor seating. The dining room has a beautiful sunset mountain view. We are currently serving a limited menu in the bar and on the deck.
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We have been to Thirteen Moons several times over the past two years. Every time we go, the servers are not attentive and we have to wait such a long time for drinks, food , and checks. The servers are not friendly. The food is good most of the time and that is the only reason we go back. After two years of the same horrible service each time we patron this restaurant, we have decided not to return here.

5  Thank mipinkri

Reviewed January 18, 2011

I had ordered a steak which comes with a small dinner salad. At first, the salad was wilted and I had to get another plate. Then when the main course arrived about an hour later it wasn't much better. The "seasonal vegetables" were chewy, and my steak was so over seasoned I'm sure it was to hide the obviously horrible quality of the meat. My mother ordered what was said to be grouper but it wasn't. They may be able to fool some but you can't sell catfish as grouper......and complaining helps none because the "manager" will never show and the servers all reek of cigarettes. That's one smoke break I won't bother to interrupt ever again!

5  Thank beachbunnie0414
Reviewed October 21, 2010

The food was good but nothing extraordinary....The wait staff is not very polite or very attentive. the food takes forever to get to you.We ordered steak which came with salads. It took over an hour to get our salad which we had to remind the waiter to get.

2  Thank jkwash
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I purchased what I thought would be a nice heavy Hors D'eouvres for my daughters' wedding. We ordered for who we believed were coming of 125 adults and 15 children. We ended up with only about 70 people total including children. Of course we did not get a refund on who didn't show since the food was already prepared for that many people. The party was scheduled for 4 hours.The food was set up on tables for buffet style serving. After only 2 hours, the food was taken away and was not seen again until brunch the next morning. It was being served for other people to purchase at the Sunday brunch buffet.
First of all, since I paid for the food, it is mine, not theirs. If it were theirs, I would only have had to pay per person who turned up. Second of all, I didn't even get to enjoy the buffet. The food was taken away before I even had a chance to look at it or get any for myself. They did bring me some when I complained but the food which was supposed to be hot was refrigerator cold as they had to take it out of the refrigerator to re-serve it to me. Thirdly, it is against the law to resell buffet foods once it has been sold on a buffet is it not? How nasty!
It is sad as the Nantahala Resort itself is so beautiful. I would highly recommend staying there to anyone wanting a gorgeous place to stay that is private and with a beautiful view. There is plenty to do at the resort and nearby. It is just so sad the restaurant is so disgusting to re-serve buffet food and take away what I had purchased before even asking my permission. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. I would highly recommend the Resort though and they have such lovely areas for outdoor weddings and receptions. In addition, the cost of a keg of Bud Light beer from the restaurant is ridiculous. They charged us originally $325. but later reduced the price to $275. That is just for one keg of beer. Ridiculous!!!!!! Of course they charged me a 20% gratuity to the total cost of the hors d'oeuvres buffet which included iced tea or water bringing my price to $2,568.22 plus the $275. for the beer keg. Never, never again will I eat there. I am also letting all my neighbors and friends know what the restaurant did. Hopefully noone gets sick from eating there.

5  Thank wombieroo
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We have eated at Thirteen Moons restaurant located at the Nantahala Village outside of Bryson City, near Robbinsville, NC many times. Always good and they have a full bar. Sunday brunch is awesome. You can sit outside on the covered deck and eat while enjoying a beautiful mountain view.